Vote Now! How Many Games Should LSU Lose Each Year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Nov 12, 2013.

?

How many games should LSU lose each year?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2013.
  1. 0-1

47.2%
  2. 2

38.9%
  3. 3

8.3%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other

5.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

[​IMG]

too bad he failed to get LSU to that level. by your own definition, 4 of 5 years here were "unacceptable and an absolute failure". I agree. had jimbo & will the thrill...produced this:

8-4
    10-3
    8-5
    13-1
    9-3

if only we had hired Briles back in 2000.

ParadiseiNC and cajdav1 like this.
  2. acemic

acemic Founding Member

But but noone wants to see that. Or he was a more mature coach after he came back from the NFL. He can't take fault in thoes seasons or the recruiting classes is better now. BTW jimbo has an undefeated team also

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You think we were going to trot along at a 2 and 3 loss rate from that point on had he stayed?

You're delusional if you think that.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That's bad logic. Saban brought us out of the dregs.

Or as the revisionists like to say, dinardo started us out, Saban simply won using dinardos recruits (dinardo, our savior left us too soon) and kept us afloat until miles arrived. Since then miles won a nc and had a few runs at the pinnacle of college football while maintaining a top 10 national status.

Saban toiled in the nfl, lost to ulm, and luckily for the past 5 years had bama at the top of college football. That's luck, not nearly as dependable as what miles brings to the table.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The poll should ask what is the most losses a fan would accept in a down year. Or maybe the subject is too hard to narrow down. I think a year like this 3 losses ain't that bad, considering the situation. Some years two losses might be bad, maybe even one.

ParadiseiNC and StaceyO like this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

and that is the intent of the poll. what is acceptable? is it reasonable to say LSU should only lose 1 game every year? Why? based on what?

Money, facilities, etc, etc, etc....lots of schools have that

tradition? we don't fill our stadium anymore....when we do we leave at halftime...

others recruit as well as we do....florida and texas has the same players louisiana does....mississippi does too...

if we should lose 1 game, which one should it be???? if we should lose 2 games, then to who???

if it were reasonable to think LSU would lose 3 before the season started then why are we shocked now?

now...

the other side of that is this....

why in the hell aren't players getting better?....this far into the season it isn't fair to say "inexperience" as much as it once was.

aren't the 2's pushing the 1's?????

why doesn't CLM call timeout to give your team a chance at ole miss? etc, etc, etc, etc,..........

we can only hope that those with really deep pockets applies some pressure for staff changes to occur cause CLM ain't going anywhere nor should he...... whether you like it or not he's earned his contract....every cent of it, but there need to be changes made to this staff.

Are our expectations unreasonable and if so, didn't Les have a part in that??? If not, isn't he responsible for that as well???

7. msully

msully Founding Member

2 t0 3 , this year we could lose the next 2 games

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think maybe you should say what you think is the problem and go from there.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i know what i think the problem is...i'd like to hear what others think the problem is. care to participate?

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Coaching and recruiting.

Specifically a meddling hc of the offense. A hc who is an olineman who can't coach an oline.
    A lack of developing talent in a timely manner. A lack of developing an identity on offense which is usually your qb by default. A lack of time management. A lack of the hc being in the game at its most critical juncture. A hc who can't verbalize why or what the fuck he just did to appease assholes like myself who want straightforward, coherent answers.

Richdog, lsu-i-like and Kal-El012 like this.