Vote Now! How Many Games Should LSU Lose Each Year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Nov 12, 2013.

?

How many games should LSU lose each year?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2013.
  1. 0-1

47.2%
  2. 2

38.9%
  3. 3

8.3%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other

5.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I understand the response as it relates to miles but the queston is bigger than that. millions are thrown at okla st. to upgrade facilities, etc and they can't win consistently, are they entitled to go 11-2?

Nebraska sells out every home game and has for years, in fact their fans don't leave at halftime...aren't they entitled to 11-2?

I'm trying to understand unreasonable expectations...

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Shit is just gonna happen. There is no number for how many games any team "should" lose or what is "acceptable" its a trick question. Too many variables. Scheduling, current talent, wildcard head coaches with a head full of water putting pressure on his peanut brain. Star QB's gf is fluffing the WR after practice hell who can predict that?

ParadiseiNC, Kal-El012 and LaSalleAve like this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Where we stood with talent prior to the last 2 years was maybe the best in the country. We squandered our chances due to an inept offense almost miles entire tenure. Early This year it was the defense. Now it's the offense as well.

Our window has closed. This is what many have been seeing coming yet most kept their heads in the sand denying the reality of it.

Now it's likely we aren't even playing for second.

But to give a number? That's not even relevant or a legit question. It's much deeper. Why do we lose the games we do and in particularly spectacular fashion is much more relevant. Aka coaching meltdowns.

Kal-El012 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Excellent points, here's a question that goes against my stance on Miles. What other head coaches win a national championship if they are LSU's coach in 2006, 2011, and 2012 with the exact same players?

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I lament the day that this site became Tiger Droppings East.

ParadiseiNC and TigerTap like this.
  6. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Unreasonable expectations. No college in history has averaged 1 or 2 losses a season.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

LSU has more fertile recruiting ground. That said, with the wrong people in place we can be terrible and with the right people we can be the best in the nation. We've seen both. Miles was operating at the high end of the scale, but many fear he is falling back.

At one point I don't know that I believed that lsu could be #1 in the nation. Now that we've seen it is possible, and seeing other programs in our division with similar potential doing it, I think we expect more than we've seen.

I've always said I don't expect perfection, just the drive and potential for it.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If you aren't part of the solution, your just as culpable. Blind obedience is just as lamentable in my eyes.

Richdog likes this.
  9. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

IMO. The fans a perfect season. The players want a championship season. The coaches want to win games and the university wants to fill the stadium and keep fans in the seats till the last second ticks off the clock. The conferences want to see an overall combined winning percentage.
    Myself. I'd love to go undefeated and win championships. But I know that won't happen every year. I can handle losses as long as it's a good game against a great opponent. Except Bama. I want to embarras them.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Maybe, but I can guarantee you that every player expects to win every game. Why can't I?

Richdog likes this.