Vote Now! How Many Games Should LSU Lose Each Year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Nov 12, 2013.

?

How many games should LSU lose each year?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2013.
  1. 0-1

47.2%
  2. 2

38.9%
  3. 3

8.3%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other

5.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

No reason. Nothing wrong with high expectations. You just can't demand it from the coach or the team because they can't deliver and you just set yourself up for constant disappointment.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont demand it nor do I request he be fired for it.

I will however hold him accountable for our loses in that, about 90% of them were his fault. For an example, 2011 BCSNC... 100% on Miles.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Does that mean the 1960 Sugar bowl was 100% on Dietzel? Same circumstance beat the top ranked opponent and #1 foe (Ole Miss) were forced to play them again and lost 21-0. Same opportunity...the national championship. Sometimes no matter what is done a team isn't ready to play...that falls on coaches and players all the same.
    You know there is no doubt Les bears responsibility for all of and fault for some of the losses but the players themselves bear blame as well. It is a team sport, sport.
    Likewise were we better than every team we played? Doubt it. Sometimes the talent and luck is on the other side. In a couple of unfortunate games it seems the zebras conspired as well...was that Les' fault too.
    Too many pick out someone to blame and conflate all ills on that object. NOTE I did not hold Les blameless or say he is the greatest thing since sliced bread...I just call your percentages so far off as to be laughable and show your prejudice.

StaceyO, cajdav1 and TigerTap like this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I wasn't alive in 1960 so I really dont give a shit.

My statement was accurate. Miles did not prepare the best team in LSU history for that championship game. If he did, I would like you to tell me how he did such. Did you HONESTLY think the same GAMEPLAN was going to work TWICE?

Further, games like last weekend when LSU lost to Bama just shows how un-prepared we are and were.

What is the point of a head coach? Leadership is a double edge sword. Dont sit there and tell me all these good things about Mile's winning games but fight back on the loses as if they aren't his fault. By that notion, if we can't put losses on him, then winning isn't on him.

tirk and Richdog like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Try not to get so upset. It happens. Actually if you look I did it both ways lol. In fact it was only once..

Anyway, I am not being negative if that is what you are getting at, however the theme here is that if anyone says anything negative about the man then they are a "Mile*S hater" or some other bullshit.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    Richdog likes this.
  6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That Bama team was superior to LSU'S Miles just had the Tigers playing way over their head in Tuscaloosa.

ParadiseiNC and TigerTap like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Your head must be in the sand. I was a "sunshine pumper" up until after that 2011 game.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea but our team was mostly sophomores. They all got drafted in 2012.

Further I believe it was the dumbest mistake to run into that game with the same game-plan.....

9. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

We don't have to worry about that happening on the defensive side this year. No matter how this year ends, our defense will have a lot more experience going into 2014.

TigerTap likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Gonna be hard if we play as poorly as we have been.

TigerTap likes this.