How many ints did Russell throw in 2004?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Jan 28, 2005.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Just wondering.

2. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

4 ints. to 9 TDs not bad for a freshman

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Not bad at all. A lot of us weren't used to seeing "growing pains" from a QB. He showed what everyone needs to know: That no matter what, a Freshman QB will play "up-and-down" at first.

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Now he needs to get off his butt and plant it in the weight room/video room all off-season

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Same answer as "How many dead people are in a cemetery?" All of 'em.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Agreed. Honestly, if not for Flynn's injury early in the fall, Russell might not have even gotten as much playing time as he did (wasn't it reported late in the summer than Flynn looked to be ahead of JR???).

...and now with us heavily recruiting RP, and with Flynn getting in the bowl game before him, Russell shouldn't be short on motivation this coming spring/offseason.

I sure hope RP commits to becoming an LSU Tiger and joins what would SURELY be one of the most competitive QB-battles in recent Tiger history!

With Perrilloux, Russell and FLynn, we would argueably have the BEST group of QB's to play at LSU at the same time.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Boston (and I am really asking).....can you show me where Flynn was said to be ahead of Russell.

Call me crazy but I thought I had heard Flynn really was a bit of a disappointment, especially clock-management wise in their spring game/practices before last year.

8. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

People say that Flynn has game but I don't see it. If he was ahead of Russ, it was b/c he was helping out w/the play calls two years ago for MM. I think Russ is ahead of him now. It is obvious who is better, just look at the PT in 2004.

9. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

the 4 ints is a little skewed because 3 ints were against florida.

10. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

I'm at work, so I don't have time to go look it up, and honestly I don't really care enough to anyway, but I read that too last fall. Flynn was said to be neck and neck with JR in his playing, and was also said to have a better understanding of the offense. And I specifically remember reading that if he had not been injured before the season, that he very well may have gotten the nod before JR. I'm not saying he's a great player, but I do remember reading that info.

I don't think it's fair to write him off yet though, like so many on here are doing. I mean what did the boy get this year, 10 snaps? And almost all those were mop up duty hand offs. He looked pretty good in mop up in the MSU game, and through his first TD pass to Xavier Carter, for Carter's first TD reception. That was cool to see. He was a very highly ranked QB coming out of high school, like in the top 15 in the country, so he obviously has some ability. I just don't think he's had a fair opportunity to show what he can do yet. Everybody wants to say how great JR and they write off his poor performances this year b/c he was young and inexperienced. But these same people want to completely write off Flynn b/c he didn't show us anything or prove himself, even though he never got that chance. It's a pretty ignorant attitude to have, IMO.