How many L.S.U. Alumni on here?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBraveheart, Mar 19, 2016.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Never played paint the cow before.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

2000 Grad. I played on the LSU club soccer team. Tried to walk on the baseball team, nadda.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

I love SFA. Beautiful campus. She can get used to the small town life. We live in Houston and my daughter is a student at La Tech. She has adjusted fine. Our first college tour was SFA. She saw the lazy river at the Rec Center and said "This is where I'm going to college". Later, La Tech offered her a full scholarship and I said "This is where you are going to college". LOL.

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I took T Harry's class...........

LSUBraveheart likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I took it too. In the fall semester on Monday nights from 7 til 10. Conflicted with Monday Night Football.

LSUBraveheart likes this.
  6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Got to get electricity first so they can see what they are doing.

StaceyO and HalloweenRun like this.
  7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

You might want to look into NorthCarolinaSchool of the Arts, oops...I mean, UNC School of the Arts. Even out of state tuition is a huge bargain. Awesome program, really a state run conservancy. The school is an absolute treasure.

They have both Design and Production (theater) and Art Department for film. The Film School that is routinely rated top 10 IN THE WORLD, at a 1/10 the cost of the top 9.

My daughter is a grad, working as a Production Coordinator (from art dept at film school.) Just got her first union job last week (via email- she was recommended and vouched for by an alum). She is 25 and this job pays $1600 a week. A good friend of hers was in costume and wig design at UNCSA. That person has worked non-stop since graduation, also in NYC.

The facilities, all across the board are amazing, and I remember going through the costume design "lab" and just could not believe it.

When we went over there for first weekend, there were MANY more cars in the parking lots with out of state plates.

But, it is academic classes in morning, film (at least in film school) classes in afternoon, supper, then working on sets and production till late at night. Weekends are mostly spent working on productions, VERY LITTLE free time.

But almuni connections in NYC and LA are first rate. If your daughter really wants to do this, please look at UNCSA, don't let the out of state or distance distract you.

http://www.uncsa.edu/design-production/undergraduate-programs/costume-design-technology.aspx

TCUTiger likes this.
  8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

That is funnier than you think.

My daughter worked as a barista in NYC until she got her first paying job in film biz. One of the coolest things, was that really hot cook on tv, Giada something or another, was a regular customer. My daughter told her that her dad was hot for her. She laughed so hard, she spilt her coffee!

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Thanks for this information!!

I don't think the distance factor is a big deal for her. At this point, she's convinced she will go to an art school in NYC. I'd probably be a LOT happier with North Carolina!

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I know a woman who is a locally well-known artist here in Baton Rouge. She sells a painting every now and then to some rich person and has paintings in a gallery (I found out that the gallery owner takes a 50% commission just like Col. Parker did to Elvis) She and here husband are both living mainly off of government SSI checks.

Now maybe there is money in those velvet Elvis pictures they sell out of a truck on the side of the road. Somebody has to paint them and there must be a market for them.