How many NCs this year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

More like 23 or 24 and I think they are split pretty evenly between indoor and outdoor. There are more events outdoors but I don't know how many more.
    You couldn't very well throw a javeling or a discus indoors but those are not events that LSU is good at anyway. I think they have the shotput indoors because they don't need 200 to 300 feet for that like the discus and javelin.

I think the only running events that are different is that they run 60 meters indoors instead of 100 meters and 60 meters in the hurdles instead of 110 meters.

2. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I'd much rather watch LSU gymnastics instead of softball.

Hot chicks in tight clothes. I think Tirk would agree with me. :grin: :grin:

3. conradj

conradj Founding Member

My friend throws the shot put at ULL, and he throws at indoor meets

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That would be interesting though, I'm picturing it right now, wouldn't want to buy an end zone seat!!!

The outdoor meets have many events that aren't held indoors and that changes the strategy and points up quite a bit so the best team indoors is not always the best outdoors. Besides the obvious ones listed above you also have the decathlon, steeplechase, long distance events over 5,000 meters, longer hurdles events, and some others that aren't contested indoors. They probably won't have a true favorite until they know who has qualified for each event from each school.

5. Soap

Soap Founding Member

The womens outdoor is virtually a lock for national title. I believe they've won the last one. Now the mens have won more outdoor titles than indoors and are probably going to be favored up there.

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I'd say we are definitely one of the favorites to win the outdoor NC in track. Pat Henry has built a juggernaut!