How many people do you think will be at the.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 22, 2003.

?

How many people will be at the LSU- Tennessee game tomorrow?

1. Less than 5,000

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. 6,000-8,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8,000-9,000

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. 10,000+

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Yep. Thomas Assembly Center at Louisiana Tech only seats 8,000 people. They sell that sucker out three or four times a year though. Coach Gunter would kill to have their attendance average. Maybe this will be the catalyst for increased attendance at Lady Tiger games.

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Wooo! What a game. I got there at 1:45 and was there on the front row in my Sue's Krewe shirt! Bad things about the game were having to look at Pat Summit whine all game, the outcome, and missing my 3 point shot for a Playstation in the 2nd half. I was the first guy who shot and came up just short. Needless to say I was a little nervous. I have shot in front of a larger home crowd than any member of our men's basketball team! I will probably finish my college career 0-1 all time!! Oh well, I had a blast and everybody needs to be at the PMAC Thursday to show these girls especially the seniors how much we support them no matter what happend today.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think the actual attendance was 14,501. I only say this because the only to be fair to the mens team (the paper and the LSU website always talk about actual attendance). It's still a great achievement and hopefully lots of people will come back on Thursday.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

All of you bandwagon fans make me sick. Before LSU was a title contender attendence was in the dozens. I didn't go then, and I won't go now. LSU has been a consistant top 25 team ever since Coach Gunter has been in town, but noone cared then and I won't jump on the bandwagon now. I stand by my opinion that women's basketball is slow, boring, and sloppy. Furthermore title ix is ruining mens collegiate atheletics. Anyone remember when LSU was a consistant top ten team in wrestling, and men's gymnastics. It was barely thirty years ago. I think the strides made by women's programs are great, but I think all this equity stuff is crap. How is it equitable to all the men's programs that have to be shut down because of Title IX

5. DDTigerFan

Ok SupaFan I am no bandwagon fan! I'm a freshman here at LSU and I have been to plenty of the women's games this year. I admit bandwagon fans sometimes annoy me but I would rather have them than a SupaCrappyFan like yourself. You're a pathetic excuse for a fan.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I have been going to LSU sporting events for over 15 years. I go to every home game I can. I think it is embarrassing to have an inferrior sport (women's basketball) outdraw a major revenue sport men's basketball). Real Ti fans will support a Tiger team even when it doesnt win. Moreover a real Tiger fan will go to gym and swim meets, softball, tennis, and track and field. Those sports are all nonstop and exciting. Women's basketball is not. It is slow sloppy and boring.

7. DDTigerFan

How can you say a real Tiger fan will go to those events when you dont go to a women's basketball game. A REAL Tiger fan will go to all sports. And for your information I have been to gymnastics and track and field. I will make it out to Tiger Park many times this year and might have to go check out the tennis.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

To Supafan: If you don't like women's games then don't go. Just state your opinion then shut up. Quit trying to convince everyone otherwise.

To DDTigerfan: Please define "old people".

9. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

DD when you got up there to shoot I was like he is white he will miss then you did, then that black guy was coming up there and I was like he is black he will make it and he did. Lucky ass call but it was kinda funny. Sucks that you missed it though. As far as attendence it was more then was paid. They had so many people standing up and in the hallways.

Supa fan your a d*ck. Hate to call you that but thats all you are. Most of us are not bandwagon fans and goto a lot of the other events. Sorry to tell you this but our womens b-ball team is more exciting then the mens this year. They sure is hell aren't sloppy or slow. The game yesterday that you didn't goto was a fast paced well played game. I agree with you on title ix but womens bball is a money sport more so the swimming. Women should get to play sports and we should support them and men. Anyways how old are you? You are prolly really young or really old and prolly don't think women should be allowed in school, be able to work or vote.

Sabanfan I think what he meant by old people was like 30-40 yr olds with kids. Not really old but older. I thought it was a shame that our seats got took so other fans could get in. I had to sneak in and stand in the exits the whole time just to be able to watch. kinda sucked but glad I did it now.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I was just kidding. I'm nearly 54 and feel that students should never lose their seats at the games. That's where the real enthusism really comes from. Especially in basketball.

Judging by supa's "hippie" remark I'd say he's about the age and mentality of a Viet-Nam era draft dodger.