How many people do you think will be at the.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 22, 2003.

?

How many people will be at the LSU- Tennessee game tomorrow?

1. Less than 5,000

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. 6,000-8,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8,000-9,000

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. 10,000+

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I am 21 and a student at Liberal State University. Reading the Reville will show anyone that the Old War Skule aint what she used to be. Title IX is one f my pet peeves. Womens Basketball takes my wrath a lot because the gender equity stuff is hurting men's athletic programs. That isn't equity, its favoritism. Women's basketball is just the biggest women's "sport." That isn't equity, its favoritism.

2. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Wow LSUsupaFan you have such school pride! I am also a student at LSU and I go to all the sporting events including Womens Basketball. Your views on womens Basketball Ball are shameful. The women's game is not "slow, boring, and sloppy" How can swimming be more exciting than Basketball. I do support the swimming team but last time I checked nobody goes to swimming meets, well except you. You are not a true Tiger Fan, and I am ashamed you actually claim to support this university. Take your narrow minded views and go away.

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

sabanfan if I came across rude I'm sorry by know means did I mean for it to sound like that.

Supacrappyfan please take your attitude somewheres else. You would fit in perfect at the Lair.

4. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

ignore this tard

BTW, i love how people declare LSU (with over 30K people) liberal b/c of the Reveille, which has content determined by a couple dozen people. The Reveille is also loaded with stories about Pro-Life groups, campus ministry and other things that are usually associated with more conservative thinking. People look at a few front pages with stories on liberal-type issues and forget they're in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Some of the most visible student groups on campus...
    College Republicans
    Campus Crusade for Christ
    Baptist Collegiate Ministry
    Students for Life

All of these probably have memberships ten times the staff at the campus newspaper.

Just my two cents on something I hear every now and then.

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Amen PJ. I'm in two of those groups. The Reveille editorial staff does tilt left (they have a little diversity altar where they offer alms to the diversity gods in the newsroom, or so I've heard) but they do have a couple of conservatives and libertarians for balance.

6. LSUsupaFan

While the some of those groups are active by far the most active groups on campus are
    The athiest humanist and agnostics
    The spectrum alliance
    The PSA
    and the Pro Marijuana group.
    They have tables in FSA daily. As for the Reville it is by for a liberal paper. The only conservative columnist is an idiot. I sometimes think he is a liberal writing the conservative view as poorly as he possibly can. LSU is sadly a leftist institution. If you don't notice that you spend way too much time in Ceba

7. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

LSUsupaFan,

Why don't you drop out of LSU and attend Oral Roberts University? I'm sure you'll find that much more to your liking.

8. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I do not think we need to start telling people to drop out of LSU even tongue in cheek. I do remember the more liberal organizations being seen a little more than the others. They were more like the vocal minority. Though they did seem to get more respect from professors than more traditionally conservative organizations.
    That is one of the great experiences of college. All of those different view points coming together. I am generally pretty conservative, and became more so during college when I got to keep hearing all of those liberal point of views and decided they were incorrect.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah, let Supa hang around. He may not like Women's BB but he's obviously right wing and a Brady fan. My kind of guy.

10. LSUsupaFan

SabanFan,
    today I became a hippie. I joined greenpeace. Hope I don't get kicked out of the Libertarian Party. I am thinking of starting my ovn political party. The bi-polars. Environmentally liberal, all other ways conservative.