How many SEC games will LSU win?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 21, 2014.

?

How many SEC games will LSU win?

1. 0

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. 1

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. 2

16 vote(s)
    31.4%
  4. 3

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. 4

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  6. 5

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  7. 6

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. 7

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

What say you?

2. islstl

I have us winning 2 games.

I think we can win the Kentucky game at home, although that will be much tougher than people think.

The other will be either Florida on the road (only because Muschamp sucks balls), Ole Miss at home (only because it's at home) or Arkansas on the road (although I think this one is highly unlikely as the Hogs are running the ball like no other).

So we're potentially looking at scraping by just to be in a shitty bowl game.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Im go with 5 based on the assumption our coaches realize their failures thus far.

4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

We're going 7-5.

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

UK and possibly ole piss.

6. islstl

That's absolutely crazy to think that this team that got embarrassed at home (totally dominated on both sides of the ball) on a Saturday night in death valley by a 2nd rate team (MSU will absolutely not compete for the SEC West) will win 5 of the next 7 SEC games in which 4 of them are ranked in the top 10. They would have to beat 2 top 10 teams and beat Arkansas on the road (a place we have struggled in the past).

Please don't be fooled by the 34-29 final score. That was Mullen and MSU not knowing how to finish out a game. And the person under center that led that comeback won't be under center anytime soon. Unfortunately.

Tiger in TX, shane0911 and BRETT like this.
  7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I am taking tremendous shit this morning about losing at home with 100K drunk cajuns cheering. Don't know about the cajuns, but I know we lost in an embarrassing manner.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's young talent making rookie mistakes, but the talent is there. Everything depends on how quick the receivers, quarterbacks, and running backs absorb the hard lessons and learn SEC-caliber football. Slow and we finish 8-3 . . . fast and a possible 10-2.

The fact that we made yet another 4th quarter comeback and it was done by two of the freshmen with the least playing time bodes very well. Harris and Dupree have mistakes ahead of them too, but maybe they will learn on a fast track.

The young and rebuilt defensive line will be weak this year and we must get used to it. I still have hope that something can be done with the offensive line. Again size, strength, and talent is there, but no basic competence and nothing approaching dominance. Frankly they don't appear to be very bright about offensive football. Only a quarterback must be more knowledgeable about complex defenses than an offensive lineman and I don't think ours know their technical business very well. A coach can't make a big strong guy smarter, but he can find a smart guy and make him bigger and stronger. And he can teach them their jobs better, working with their limitations. Neither is going to happen fast, but if Grimes can do some things with this bunch before the season is over, he'll have earned his keep. And perhaps recruit better mental agility along with all that speed, size and athleticism in the future.

gyver, LSUDad, StaceyO and 1 other person like this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The comeback helped tremendously. We actually had the ball and a shot at winning in the last 20 seconds. We may have been dominated, but LSU did not get blown out and if one of those last passes had succeeded it would have been the greatest comeback in LSU history.

Even the late-night highlight shows picked that up and were showing more of LSU's plays than Prescott and Robinson, especially the two Harris touchdowns.

LSUDad and StaceyO like this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Unless this defense shores some things up, and our offense at least learns to protect the QB a little, we will struggle to beat Arky and Auburn and Florida. The rest of our schedule as we're playing now, we lose.