how many sec teams will make it to CWS?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GORILLA BALL, Jun 11, 2004.

1. GORILLA BALL

GORILLA BALL Founding Member

sorry if my screen name offends you, i have used it in other sports forums and i'm a creature of habit. the past affects all of us, without the past would we have 5 national championships in baseball, and the "past" national championship in 2003 is a thing of the past. you'd better let us fans aware of that b/c a lot of them will have to change their signature line.

if you are from central la. you have enough problems w/out worrying about my screen name. get a life. GB :po:

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

If my weekend rotation never changed during the regular season, I would not make any changes at this point. I would stick with what got me this far.

However, if you have a team like LSU who had a different rotation almost every weekend, I would look hard at the matchups and make my decision based on that ... much like Smoke is doing this weekend.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah good point about the rotation staying in tact. And we all know baseball players are the worst creatures of habit.

So don't disrupt the rotation...."puff, puff, give.....puff, puff, give"

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

So by honoring the past teams at LSU by using the name Gorilla Ball he's living in the past? Man, you need to learn some manners. What a foolish statement.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The major difference is that in a Super Regional if you loose the first 2 you're out so I don't agree with sticking with a rotation, throw your best 2 in the first 2 games. If would be terrible to loose the first 2 games without your best pitcher even getting a chance to pitch. Talk about bashing, guys would come out of the woodwork!

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

But why would you not be throwing your ace in game 1 or 2 during the regular season? Most teams do start their best pitchers the first 2 games of a series ... that's why you usually see football scores on Sunday.

In that case, no change in your rotation would be needed...

7. islstl

Wouldn't you necessarily have your best pitcher being your Friday pitcher in the regular season, or not really?

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

all I know is i would pitch Lane and let him set the tone and mindset for this team win or lose.

9. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

east carolina vs. south carolina - East Carolina beats the living daylights out of USC.....ok ok...USC wins...hopefully they dont though
    georgia vs. ga tech - We won today...I think we can win BUT it will still take a lot.
    florida vs. miami - Miami wins IMO. Very good team
    texas a&m vs. lsu - LSU wins big
    fla state vs arkansas - See FSU winning
    vandy vs. texas - Whoever wins Game 1 wins it all...will take Texas
    tulane vs csf - As sad as this sounds, it wouldnt shock me if Tulane won this in 2

10. islstl

Sounds like you would have a terribly tough time picking between GA getting to the CWS vs. South Carolina losing their SR.