How many times do I have to be proven right?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu_craig, Jan 16, 2002.

1. lsu_craig

lsu_craig Freshman

Everybody like getting beat by 40 tonight? Uhmmmmm good. Keep apologizing for this Hallman retread. He's a smart-a$$ when asked questions, he rags on the players when all they do is give the best effort they can, he cusses them like a friggin' sailor and runs off Marcus LeDoux because of it. I mean he should be able to cuss the players but ease up when you're recruiting talent to win 4 SEC games and get beat by 30 by Ole Miss and Florida. I can't take it anymore...it's time for Skip to make a call to the pen and get this guy where he belongs....ULL.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'll keep sympathizing with his predicament because I've never seen a coach walk into a situation as poor as the LSU basketball program was in when Brady replaced Dale. The fact that he seems to be such a better X's and O's coach than Dale ever was further adds credence to his defense. The talent was completely bare last year through no fault of his own (especially depth) but he is in a better situation this year. If he doesn't produce this year (NIT) or next (Big Dance), it may be time to start analyzing a different direction. Not now.

3. lsu_craig

lsu_craig Freshman

You've never seen anything like this?

Pitino came into Kentucky when they were on probation. Temple had six scholarship players lasty year. Brady knew wha the chances were when he came here but cries about it now.

He signed 11 players his first year here when we were not yet on probation. Half of those left....he signed two players with his only schoalships that even my daughter knew would be ineligible. That was just plain stupid when you knew last year you only had six schoalship players, one of which got hurt before we played at all. Most of the depth problems have been Brady's fault. Do you understand that over the past five years we have signed more players and had more on the roster than Auburn, Alabama or just about every other SEC team? It's a joke and Brady's continuing svcreaming act is getting old....he's sarcastic at every press conference.....with no reason to be.....

4. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Souds like you are part of ????

THE PRESS,

The way you are getting all over this guy Brady. I just do not understand your argument. There is a Guy over in West Texas that yells at players and Screams at the Press and I believe he coached a team in Indiana.

Brady may have made some recruiting mistakes but I really believe that those mistakes were made becuase of the situation he is in at LSU. He had no room for error and he made a couple of errors and they look huge because of the focus that is on LSU Basketball. But, he did win the West 2 years ago and he did go to the Sweet 16 and really only has had one Legit STAR. Brady will be there for a while so get used to it.

And for the record in 3 years if the same crap is going on I will be right there with you asking him to leave or be fired.

ITS SO LOUD ITS DEAF

5. lsu_craig

lsu_craig Freshman

I hope

I agree with you. He'll get another couple years.....that's fine. I'm just getting tired of the skull-draggings we get. I think he ahs become more beligerent with the press over the last year cause I think he feels a small fire brewing under him and I guess rightly so. I don't call for the head of any coach until I have a feelign that's just not going to work. And with Brady I think I see the writing on the wall. I hope I'm wrong cause I don't have anything personally against Brady....I just want to win baby and maybe he can in another year or so. We may hang in the West this year but it looks tough.....

6. DeafValleyBatnR

I might be Wrong

I did not feel this way when Bertman was named AD, yes i felt like Bertman should have been named AD. But I did not feel that he would be as good as he has been. I dont think he will let the Basketball program go back to what Lester Earl put it in. I feel like Brady is going to have to Win next yr. If he does not I feel like he will be forced out because he has had a long honey moon and the honey moon is over now. Bertman has shown he is a tuff AD and I do not feel he will put up with lact luster efforts by anybody in the LSU family.

The only question for about Brady I have is Torris Bright. I have never seen a Point Guard at this Level make so many unforced errors. If the guy scores 10 well he has 10 turnovers. He does things that I used to see from 2nd team varsity players on my High School Squad. I guess what I am saying is that it is hard for me to believe that he cant find someone on the LSU team that can bring the ball up the Court and cut down on the turnovers and score 6 points. That is all he needs on this team he has 4 other guys that can put the ball in the basket. But I am rambling now.

ITS SO LOUD ITS DEAF

7. lsu_craig

lsu_craig Freshman

You're not rambling

You're right...the lack of a point guard didn't show as bad when we could bring the ball down the floor and start going inside to Swift and Smith but when you've got to dribble-penetrate now, it's a glaring problem...we saw it last year. I like Bright and he's a decent shooter but where does this jump-in-the-air pass thing come from? If I see that again, I'm going to puke. He did it all game against Auburn against the press. I think he feels short so he feels the ned to jump in the air.....like I said, I sometimes go overboard when we get hammered...but the long and short is he needs to win some this year and start contending this year but some of the whining about his scholarship problems gets me fired up.....I think he started much of his problems.......but it's good to agree that we're Tiger fans.......

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I can't stand it when he jumps in the air either. It even started to annoy Marques Johnson (commentator) during the Miami game. You can tell Bright knows how to handle the ball but he has a couple of horrible tendencies. His weaknesses were immediately amplified when Roland went down against Bama in the opener last year.

9. DeafValleyBatnR

JUMPING POINT

I agree I believe in the Miami game he would bring the ball down the court the post man would come to the free throw line Bright would dribble to the left jump and spin and pass the ball to the guy at the free throw line( could have been the Bama game also not sure). Now why wouldn't you throw a normal pass to the man at the free throw line and either flash to the goal for a possible return pass layup and if you dont get the return pass go out and set a pick for a guard or set a pick down low for a big man to get the pass from the free throw line. Brady was defending Bright last night on his Talk Show so we are not the only Tiger Fans that are dissappointed in the Point Guard play.

ITS SO LOUD ITS DEAF

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think Brady may defend Bright because he realizes that he is a very emotional player and has trouble putting the criticism out of his mind while on the court. Some athletes hear the criticism but still play their game. Bright seems to play well when confident but struggles when not. I'm sure Brady attempts to correct Bright's bad habits internally but defends him because he still wants to get as much out of him as possible. Bright seems to be a great shooter and a questionable ball handler (at times). Maybe he's just playing out of position.