How many touches do you wanna see Shepard have vs Bama?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 1, 2009.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

SR leadership is certainly needed. There are times when you want your experienced guys in there. Fact is though Shepard is by far the most explosive player on the team. There comes a time when SR or FR, the best player should be getting touches. While he has a lot to learn his big play capability is obvious, so he needs touches. Scott and Williams have been shut down for the most part, while Shepard has made some plays because of his ability to cut and improvise. Which is needed behind an OL that cant sustain its blocks. Ive backed Scott and still do, but Shepard needs touches with his ability to make plays. Sure he hasnt paid his due like some of the others but this is football, not politics. The best guy needs to play.

2. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I wouldn't want them to over utilize him in the running of the wildcat.

To me I would like to see him get what he has gotten over the last few games. I wouldn't mind seeing Ridley get a crack at being the man for a a drive or two.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'd like to see what we HAVEN'T seen from Shep yet. I'd like to see him throw the ball. Pretty much every play he's been in, he's run the ball...or had it thrown his way. I believe in the red zone, he could take the direct snap, roll or duck his head, and hit a wide open Richard Dickson in the end zone.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont think CLM will coach this game like he did UF.

Thats just my opinion. He openly stated after the UF game that it was the coaches fault for that mess.

We have seen everything we have on O.

We will see Shepard a few times, but run only.

However, I think we might see Ridley get a few runs.

For us to win, JJ has to lead us there.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The perfect season for an LSU fan:
    1. Top rated recruiting class
    2. Undefeated
    3. SEC Championship
    4. National Championship
    5. Coach gets fired

1 person likes this.
  6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I am not sure how many touches I want Shep to get, I do know that I'd like to see the amount of threads based on the subject to be reduced.

Every week we discuss how many "touches" he should get, will get, didn't get, etc. Let's stop with the "touch" counting shall we?

The correct answer to all of these is : However many it takes to win.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That was against Tulane. Now let's see it against Bama.

We had some success with Shepard before Florida and all of a sudden he doesn't see the field and we needed him badly.

PS - Your same replay to my posts are getting old. Really old.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It took more than 0 to beat Florida. Would you agree?

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I would, and I'm sure Les would too. But I don't think Les reads TF. (at least I hope not :D)

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Tulane was the next game. Bama will be the next one. I have seen a progression with Shepard, and I know you have read the same quotes from Shepard about how thankful he is to the coaches(including Miles) that they have worked him in slowly.

Hilarious that you only address the Shepard part of my post and nothing else.
    As to my responses to your same lame, unproven, unsubstantiated, wildass guesses about who, what, when, and where Miles/Crowton/Chavis/ has/exherts control over every facet of this team?? Well, if you don't like them, quit reading them. It's pretty easy.

Not quite as easy as rebutting your contentions about Miles. If something good happens, well then Crowten or Chavis did it. If something bad happens, it's on Miles. If a player that you want to see more based upon the articles you read about them on Rivals or Scout, or just some random poster on either doesn't play, then it shows the complete incomeptence of Miles.

There is something old here all right. And it's you spewing the same crap week, after week, after week. I'm just here to set the record straight. Got proof of your claims? Lay it out or quit whining.

1 person likes this.