How many touches do you wanna see Shepard have vs Bama?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 1, 2009.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I'd like to see Shep get 8 touches. If he has a good passing arm, I think its time he fake the run and throw it, two or three times. If he gains 5 ypc, I'd give him some more touches, go with the hot hand. But I'd say at least 8, many may be two yards, but then he pops one.

Half back option time?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Personally i would like to see him get about 20 touches, and here is why. Whatever LSU has to do to get some form of running game, it needs to be done. We have to establish the run, or at least make Alabama respect the fact that we can run the ball, to take some pressure off of Jefferson. This is not the Auburn, or Tulane defense LSU will be facing and we can't just sit back in 5 wide formation empty backfield, and throw it all day, if we do, we are going to look like we looked against UF.

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

The thing I notice everytime Shep touches the ball is that the entire crowd let's out a sigh when he takes a hand off and only gains 5 yards.

That's how explosive he is, you can see how close he is to breaking it almost every single time he gets the football.

That's why like islstl said even if his first 5 touches are losses, you gotta keep giving him the ball. It only takes one.

4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

10 touches, in on at least 20 plays.

1 throw, off a reverse (or a screen :D)

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

this is why people claim that miles doesn't play the right players at the right time. you ALL know that if the game's on the line and if he has a choice of putting shepard in the game (after hypothetically scoring two TDs) or scott (after hypothetically fumbling twice) he is going to go with the upperclassman. i'm not going to debate whether it's right or wrong, but i agree with houtiger. you go with your hot hand. and that is what i think islstl is getting at.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah but playing that upperclassmen hand has worked out for Miles. Just think, what would have happened in 07 if Miles would have said, "you know what i know its 4th and goal, but Jacob, Charles Scott is our future, go on and have a seat."

We have to trust that our head coach is our head coach for a reason. While we may not agree, and things may look really obvious after the fact, the upperclassmen thing doesn't bother me that much. Using a 5 wide spread formation with an empty backfield (75 % of the time) and having running backs split wide drives me crazy, the other stuff i can live with.

7. Jopry

Jopry Veteran Member

I don't know how many touches he will get, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say he throws his first pass against Alabama.

8. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

This is both funny and sad because for some it's true.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In 1980 Georgia won the National Championship because they used freshman Herschel Walker to his fullest talents. Tony Dorsett and Bo Jackson were great as freshmen. RS is the equal in talent of those guys if not the same type of runners. Give Shepard 15-20 touches against Bama and he will run or throw for 2 or 3 TDs

10. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

At least five or ten. I think he will get some decent yardage:milesmic: