How much do we tip our plays on offense?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 27, 2010.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I am less concerned with tipping plays and more concerned about their lack of executing them...

1 person likes this.
  2. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

The certainly did stop it under Arny. LSU won one SEC championship but lost 2 other non-conference games that year. LSU was never in the running for a national championship and lost plenty of games under him. They were good but that is the wrong mentality. They lost all their bowl games under him I believe so no, they could stop it.

The job of the coaches is to put the players in the best position to succeed not in the best position to fail.

Sure there are times when you put your guy back in the I and say my guys think we are tougher than your guys but you don't use that every freaking play. That is stupid.

3. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

The way we can run it now we should have some wide open play action stuff, but there are a couple of problems that are keeping us from achieving this. Jefferson does not play-fake well at all, and then Jefferson does not hit the open receiver down field well at all. I guess that is really just one problem, my bad.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well if you truly are tipping the play, you've already lost the most important part of the battle. You chance of succeeding diminishes greatly.

But I get your point.

5. islstl

Correct.

I don't think we actually have a play action fake in our arsenal.

That's not good.

6. islstl

But when is the last time Miles has punished anyone for mistakes during game play? He needs to get in these kid's faces and scare the bezeesus out of them. Not pat them on the helmet as we so often see on the sidelines. If the kid is too weak minded to handle it, the likelihood is he probably shouldn't be on the field to begin with.

I think we're an absolute mess in mishandling the psyche of these kids.

Tough love is the way to go.

7. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

True....our problem has not been the opponent knowing the plays, execution has been terrible for the most part.

I don't see tipping of the plays, I see predictable play calling. And yes, I've seen us pass from under center. We run enough of the same plays out of different formations, I've seen the beloved option run under center single back, under center 2 backs, shotgun single back, etc...

8. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Tipping of the play calls was actually fixed somewhat, they have eliminated a ton of the packages that foretell which call was coming. He is still predictable as hell in down and distance and with formations.

Seriously since about the 4th-5th game of 2008, we were calling out the play based on the personnel and formation. It was funny as hell in a way. Now it's just predictable with some tipping by formation.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Here is the quote
    TigerRag - West Virginia Postgame Wrap-Up

Quote:
    “While we were watching film we got tips about what they were going to run. They were tipping some of their plays off. For the most part we knew what they were going to do. We tried to execute on what we were trying to do.”
    - WVU DB Keith Tandy on defending the LSU offense

here is the other quote that pissed me off
    Quote:
    “I had a pretty good performance. We had a couple of dropped balls. I had a couple of inaccurate throws, and I just need to work on that.”
    - QB Jordan Jefferson on his outing Saturday night

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

:huh: LSU has run play-action passes in every game.