How Much is a Ticket Worth$$

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerMike1, Dec 8, 2007.

1. TigerMike1

TigerMike1 Freshman

How much is a ticket really worth? I see people buying tickets for thousands of $$ each. Is it worth it to sit at the top of the superdome for $1500?

2. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Of course the question is subjective, and it also depends on who wins the game. I went to the 03 NC game, and I can tell you that I remember thinking after the game that I would have happily paid $2000 for that experience. I can honestly say it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

If you can afford it, and you missed the first one, I think that the cost is worth it. You have to be a true fan, the kind that hurts seriously after a loss, and the kind that is elated after a win (like the AU game this year).

I truly believe we will win the game. That is a big factor. The Ok fans were miserable after the game.

I have a framed and matted memory of the game. It includes 2 tickets, the front page of the TP, and a photo with me, my wife, my college roomate and his wife (with the players celebrating on the field in the background). I also have the framed panoramic photo of the game in the dome, the Waterford official crystal football (it is number 3197 out of 5000 and about the size of your fist), and a replica of the coin that was tossed to start the game. Another special item I have is one of the T-shirts that the players were wearing immediately after the game (you can tell it is genuine because it has the "JB" on the sleeve; it was a gift from an insider at the Sugarbowl).

All of this is in my home office, and it reminds me of the pride I have in the Tigers. So once again it is subjective, but if you go, it might be one of the best days of your life!

Geaux Tigers!!!

"Have a great day!"

3. MrCodeDude

MrCodeDude Founding Member

If you can afford it, I would definitely go. I went to last year's NC and even though we were slaughtered, after the initial sadness, I was happy with my decision because had we won, it'd be a once in a lifetime experience.

4. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I truly believe it depends on how much money you have. In my first post I stated "if you can afford it". By my definition, that means you do not have to go into debt to do the deal. If it will put you in debt, then I do not think you should do it.

5. Mudbug00

Mudbug00 Freshman

At $1500, this is a Tiger Experience I can do without.

Take that in context. I did get to go to the '03 game. It was the Fan experience of my life. I will never equal it. Not this game or ever.

:helmet:​

However I did not have to pay for my ticket the first time either. A very good friend managed to get a pair from his boss, and we both went for the cost of the tailgating experience.

:geaux:​

Imagine what that $1500 can buy. Well, lets just say $3000, for a pair. You can buy a Plazma TV, High Definition Satellite DVR, Great Surround system, and enough "kool aid" and pretzels for every friend you ever know with the same money!

:crystal:​

As a season ticket holder, I do bleed for an LSU loss. But I bleed much better with money in my pocket.

:LSU231:​

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

not worth much at all really. so if anyone has a ticket, they might as well just give it to me and not even bother going. :grin:

7. MrCodeDude

MrCodeDude Founding Member

I sat at at the 50-yard line, lower level last year for NC, so I paid a good amount for tickets. But the people around me were really flashy with their money, the lady sitting next to me had on a ring with a fatty diamond. Easily worth $15k.

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I think a lot of people have the mindset that they don't have to pay for travel expenses so paying this much for a ticket isn't as bad. If we were playing in Pasadena it would probably costs people just as much, if not more, to go to the game.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Well, they are down to $850 per ticket on ebay right now (buy it now).

10. epishock

epishock Freshman

Experiences are worth a lifetime, then again a ticket is worth a few thousand in real time...LOL. I have the money, but I am going to celebrate this one from home. My heart will be in the Superdome however.

It is sad that as this football game becomes a business, how pricey things get to be...I live in St. Louis and ticket prices just keep going up and up (the Cardinals)...this shuts the door on a lot of pure fans and children....too bad - that is the next generation we are shutting out of the experience. I would love to take my wife and kids (two) to the NC game, but that is way too much $. For good seats almost a car.

Something to think about, but nothing we can change.

:huh: