How much is your phone plan?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is there any choice in Baton Rouge for internet other than Cox or AT&T Uverse? I saw something the other day about somebody getting internet through direct TV in New York but I don't know if they offer it here

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No. Satellite Internet is like going back to dialup.

GregLSU likes this.
  3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I use maybe 100 minutes. I have a bank of probably 5000 rollover minutes that will never get used.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

The real question is who will be the first company to allow rollover for data usage. With ATT, if you go over your data the night before your cycle ends, you don't use anywhere close the extra gig or whatever they charge you for, which is fucking bullshit. If anyone ever allows rollover, it'd be a huge competitive advantage. Will this ever happen?

Bengal B likes this.
  5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

$50 a month.

Sprint. Spark Network (enhanced 4G LTE) in most of Austin now. Works very well. 1 GB data on a friends and framily plan. I never go over that amount and I use the LTE a lot (I just avoid playing videos), but tons of GPS usage and checking email/browsing web.

Anybody looking to move to Sprint, let me know. I'd like to add more people to my plan to lower the bill ($5 less per month for every person that joins).

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I would but sprint sucks here. . I got the att 10 gig plan because I stream in my car to avoid having to get satellite radio.

KyleK and GregLSU like this.
  7. islstl

I assume Sprint still blows for much of Louisiana. I know when I go home my phone is useless a good bit of the time.

tirk likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No customer service unless you speak filapeno

9. islstl

I'm speaking strictly of coverage. I am pretty sure all Sprint customers call the same customer service number, no matter where you reside.

I've never spoken to anyone other than a professional sounding American. So not sure where you are getting that from anyway.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Recently. In the past I spoke to professional sounding Americans but now their customer service has been outsourced. I the last 3 weeks I have called probably 20 or 25 times and not once did I speak to an American. As of yesterday I'm on T Mobile. $50 a month for unlimited talk and text and 1 gig of data. I don't watch a lot of videos or download much on my phone so than might be enough. There was one place where I could never access data with Sprint. A building with a Subway and a Johnny's Pizza in it. Yesterday I ate at that Subway and I was able to use data.