How much will it cost to re-hire Saban?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger_fan, Jan 7, 2013.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Except nobody's arguing that Les is the greatest college football coach to ever grace the earth.

2. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Yea it takes alot more than two or three championships to be considered the best on earth for sure.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

He had complete control of the franchise in Miami. That was one of the conditions he demanded before leaving and Heizenga (sp?) gave him all the power. It's weird but I don't think it's unprecedented where the coach is actually the GM's boss. If I'm not mistaken, I think Holmgren had the same sort of deal in Seattle; only he was the coach and GM.

4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I think he knows how to hire and knows how to run a tight ship. He also knows how to gauge talent. If he could run a franchise without having a to coach the sidelines I think he would try it. Kind of like what Bill Parcels did I guess.

5. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

It cracks me up how posters on here are constantly degrading Nick Saban as a person. All the while they go on to claim that Les Miles is such a "great man". It wouldn't be so hilarious if they didn't always follow the Nick bashing by in some way labeling Les as a "great man". They should be funneling their hatred of Nick Saban into a long overdue state of disgust for our own pitiful coach, one Les Miles.

I fully realize that LSU fans, and fans of other SEC teams, will always dislike Alabama's coach. But the ongoing disparity in the comparisons of Nick and Les that appear here are amusing.

Continue to praise thy Dear Leader. Les leadeth the flock, they shall not want.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You've only said this about 25 times now. Could you repeat it about 100 more times? There may be some people left who aren't completely bored by your act.

Attack Tiger likes this.
  7. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

It's just the irony of bashing Saban on a personal level and then going on to feign of Les Miles' supposed greatness.

Is it not possible that we've grown tired of fellow forum members continuously defending Les Miles? Blind allegiance is such a mysterious force. Take note that I'm not referring to you here.

8. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Perhaps the defense of CLM is simply a counter to the ridiculous bashing of Miles as being "pitiful". He's not perfect certainly. It is sometimes frustrating and infuriating to watch the Tigers play. But name one previous LSU coach that has produced and maintained Miles' level of success and then perhaps the nega-Tigers will have more credibility and the "continuous defending" of Miles will cease. I am not always happy with Miles but I'm old enough to remember the 80s and 90s and realize that things are not as bad as they could be. LSU under Miles is always contending for an SEC Championship and BCS Championship and is often in the Top 5. That leaves room for a small amount of upward mobility but a whole lot of room to fall.

Attack Tiger likes this.
  9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

rename lsu "nick saban university" and he'd come back.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

[​IMG]