How Quickly would Saban kick maurice clarett off the team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Jan 6, 2003.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Look, I know the kid is good an all, but this is NOT a player I would even be interested in at LSU if he had this attitude, here are some quotes from this kid...

"I want to play defense next year," Clarett told The Cleveland Plain Dealer. "I'm too much of an athlete just to play on one side of the ball."

"football is more important than life to (Ohio State). He added that he didn't have any affection toward Ohio State and that his motivation was playing for his teammates and coaches."

Here is his behavior after his teamates, University and fans had won a national championship.

This doesn't mean anything to me," Clarett told the Plain-Dealer. "I just want to go home."

-----

Now if Saban would keep a kid like this on the team, I would be the loudest one complaining. This school is giving him an education, kissing the ground he walks on, the fans follow him, the young high school players look up to him.
    If OSU had some ball, they would reel this kid in and straighten him up in a hurry, or bounce him.

I wonder what he would do if he got bench or if the coach got upset with him during a game.

This is a ticking time bomb with this kid....

Good luck with all of that..

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

TT

You are absolutly right. All its going to take is one little disagreement with a player or coach and he will blow. He has not pride in his school or fans. when asked why he choose Ohio State he responded "its close to home". he has no respect for his school. And I am willing to bet you that had he not stripped the ball away from the miami defender, this probably would have never come up. Not to knock his ability but he has a couple of good rushing games and wants to go pro, and now has one good defensive play and now wants to play defense. Whats next, will call his own audible and decide that he wants to play offense, defense and be the head coach.

3. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Agree too

From what I've heard he wants to play LB which is ridiculous. As a RB every time I see him he's hurt or limping or something. He didn't even play a couple of the out of conference games so he could be healthy for the Big Ten games and STILL managed to get "hurt" here and there. And this kid wants to play LB where he has to be one of the strongest tacklers out there on the field? I don't think so!

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Kick a troublemaker off the team?

I don't know. Brady does it and gets his ass jumped on this board.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Nice point SabanFan!!

6. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

What are you guys talking about?

Kick him off the team??

He's a confident kid, he's 19 years old. He said he wanted to play defense? you would kick him off the team for that?

he was upset about not being able to go to a funeral of a friend, and he said some things, no big deal.

If Clarret was on LSU, Saban would not kick him off the team, and you wouldn't want him to.

Ridiculous

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I can understand your statement, J_Oats. However, I do think it is utterly ridiculous that Clarett thinks he can play defense also, especially after the injuries he suffered this year. At best, maybe as a 3rd down blitzing LB. I think he's just a young kid who had a lot going on and unfortunately always had a microphone constantly in his face.

I have no idea what kind of person he is. He probably had a lot of people telling him how the national championship game would be the most important day of his life and making it seem like football is bigger than life. I think that's where a lot of his anger developed with missing his friend's funeral. He seemed pretty down to earth with his halftime interview. I'm guessing he's an alright guy who has been misinterpreted a bit. However, if he thinks he's bigger than the program, he should be kicked off the team. I would expect Saban to do the same.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Hmm, no kick him off the team for saying Ohio State means nothing to him.. Saying the school, team and fans that invested much him means "Nothing to him"

Kick him off the team for saying, the national title his teamates busted their ass to open holes for his oft injured ass "meant nothing" to him.

Yes I would support our coach kicking off someone as assinine, arrogant and over shitheaded as maurice off the team.

Someone who cares about nothing but himself. If I was one of his O-Line I would play "El Toro" with opposing D Lines.
    He will be a cancer on that team. Mark my words.

But I guess we all are allowed to have opinions.

9. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Notice all his quotes are

"I.....I....I.....I.....I..."

where is the "we" that won the title. I guess we know where his mind is (or isn't).

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Clarett is merely a cog in the machine.

He is a mere ingredient. His football talents are required by the team. His intellectual discourse is irrelevant and best ignored. I would advise his coaches and teammates to pretend to listen to his every word, but actually ignore him.