How Quickly would Saban kick maurice clarett off the team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Jan 6, 2003.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

i like the discussion about this. I think we in south LA have heard very little of all of what Clarett probably has said. i really think we've only been privy to the tip of the iceberg. He strikes me as someone who has no trouble calling out his teamates or coaches, a player blessed with tremendous ability and a totally over-inflated sense of self.

Saban strikes me as someone who would handle a guy like Clarett before he speaks out, or would kick someone like him to the curb if he became a distraction. That's discipline. I think Tressel has done a good job with Clarett. I sure can't argue with his results.

I like having the feeling that our coach can handle these situations and players without letting them get out of hand and causing an embarassment.

2. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

We had a Clarrett

His name was Josh Booty.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I don't think he got jumped on here I think he got applauded.....at least by me he did.

4. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Texas Tiger, maybe you should understand the meaning of the things that he said before you go off on another asinine rant about things you know nothing about.

He said that Ohio state meant nothing to him after he felt that they had screwed him from going to the funeral of a close friend, he was angry, he was frustrated, and he was confused. Regardless of what Ohio state did or didn't do, he felt they screwed him out of something important to him, and he said some things. He also said that he was playing for his teammates and coaches, which you seemed to ignore for you own purposes. which brings me to the next quote

Here is his behavior after his teammates, University and fans had won a national championship.

"This doesn't mean anything to me," Clarett told the Plain-Dealer. "I just want to go home."

I am pretty sure that he was commenting on the celebrations and parties, he said that they didn't mean anything to him, and he wanted to get home. Now isn't that a little bit different than saying he didn't care about his teammates?

You may detect a hint of anger in this post, and you would be right to. It pisses me off when some guy on his computer can misconstrue a few quotes from a person he knows absolutely nothing about, and verbaly attact the man.

5. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

J_oats...

I guess the 40 something other people I've heard comment about Clarett's suck ass attitude are all idiots too, huh?

By the way, Clarett's "friend"....a crack dealer that got shot in the act of his services. He needs to let those "friends" go and stick to his friends in school that will actually get him somewhere.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Texastiger gave his opinion and put it out for discussion. That's what a forum is.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Hey J_Oates.

Nevermind. I edited the post and removed it all.

Its not worth getting into...

8. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Me an overreactive jackass????

I'm not the one critizising someone I don't know based on quotes that I don't understand the meaning of.

DiehardLSUfan, I don't really care who his friend was, and that had nothing to do with what I was saying. He felt slighted by the university, so he spoke about his anger, I was commenting on the absurdity of wanting to kick a kid off of a football team because he was venting.

Also, I never called anyone an idiot, I said TexasTigers was making an asinine statement, and I stick by that. If you read my second post under this topic, I think I make some pretty salient points as to why I think TexasTigers is making no sense.

I guess I'm the only one who is going to defend him, and I'm fine with that.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I deleted that part, I posted in anger and thought it was inappropriate. I took issue your "Another Assanine Rant"
    I think a simple, "Well I disagree and here is why"
    may have been a bit more constructive.

10. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Please, I would love you to post what your thoughts were, after all, this is a forum, thats what is is for, and with football season over, what else do we have to talk about.

TexasTigers, I have thick skin, whatever you want to say to me, I would be interested in hearing it. I'm in the mood for an argument, and I was hoping you could induldge me.

Please don't act like you are the king of the measured, mature response