How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by MLUTiger, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

How did our media , the watch dogs of democracy, become so biased. Abc, CBS, NBC and msnbs are leftist. Fox is clearly rightwing. CNN tries to be centered but their leaders are left leaning and it shows. How did the media become owned by politicians? Is it because the young journalist majors are taught this in school ? If they don't agree with their professors politically will they fail out? Why are so many professors teaching our kids to be so left leaning. I have no proof of this. This is what I have heard on tv. Is there any proof that our professors are teaching our kids to be anti conservative? Is this another right wing fear tatic?

1 person likes this.
  2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Many liberals can't hack it in the real world so they teach! :thumb:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Give me an example, then. Overt bias on the scale of FOX? Who? When? Lou Dobbs was starting to try to be leading the news instead of reporting on it and CNN fired him.

Honestly, I never watch the traditional network news anymore. I want news 24/7, not just at 5:30. I watch CNN and BBC regularly and when news is breaking, I'll watch some FOX, MSNBC, and network news just to get all of the spin . . . Even Al Jazeera.

Give me a break, FOX rules the spin world. With Olberman gone, MSNBC might be another animal completely.

Not exactly.

I think CNN and BBC are the most balanced new networks. I think FOX is the most overt politically biased network. All the others fall in between and have various agendas. No network is ALWAYS biased and no network is WITHOUT bias. But FOX is the only one that caters purposefully to American right-wing audiences that don;t want to hear any other viewpoints. The international-audience networks are far more balanced.

I don't need convincing, chief. Do you imagine that moderates must agree with the entire right-wing agenda? :insane:

4. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Duh, we all know the real news is reported at Al Jazeera (and ya'll forgot PBS bias).

Hillary Clinton Says Al Jazeera Is Putting American Media To Shame

Meanwhile she says Al-Jazeera, CCTV and Russia Today are killing it: "Al Jazeera is winning. The Chinese have opened up a global English language and multi-language television network, the Russians have opened up an English language network. I've seen it in a couple of countries and it's quite instructive."

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That psychotic lesbian, Rachel Maddow, makes Olberman look fair and balanced.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

When Lou Dobbs quit shilling for Obama they fired him.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Dobbs was the only reporter that didn't report from a liberal view. This is why he was fired. He didn't neel and bob on the democratic party line. He refused to be controled by the liberal spin machine so he was fired. I would bet someone from the dnc gave CNN a call and that's why he was canned.

8. red55

Dobbs never supported Obama or anyone else. He was a moderate, just a bad commentator.

9. red55

You would make this up, for sure.

Dobbs resigned saying that he wants "to go beyond the role" of a television journalist in tackling the country's problems. That was the problem that CNN had. he was forgetting what his job was.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

And that just further proves what a far left nut job you are. CNN is every bit a left slanted media outlet as Fox is right slanted.