How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by MLUTiger, Jun 11, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He is extremely anti-illegal immigrant and he was bashing immigration policies which, Obama being in charge, were Obama's policies. Dobbs was also very skeptical of the alleged recovery and he made no bones about it. CNN could not handle the bad Obama publicity so they let him go and Fox gobbled him up. Dobbs now has impressive ratings because, unlike you and your'n, most people want to hear the unvarnished truth.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

ridiculous. perhaps true about msncb, but not cnn. certainly cnn is awful but not as slanted as fox. fox clearly wants republicans to win, and that is fine. and cnn wants dems to win, but not as much as msnbc.

like red and i always say, if we care about news (i dont necessarily care) we should read, and watch bbc among others.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

When a network like Fox News is so ridiculously biased is followed by so many self-entitled people, everything in the world outside of Fox News is left-leaning.

But enough of pointing out how everyone else is "liberal". Why don't we discuss the merits of the article I posted on it's own? If you need to bring up how other networks are wrong to explain why Fox is right, then Fox News isn't right. It's just confirming your beliefs.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

because people who are not morons realize that fox leans right and we dont care. the media reflects what people want. lots of networks are liberal, and that is fine. fox is righty. so be it. why everyone acts like they ****ing discovered the universe when they become aware of this obviousness is beyond me.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

MSNBC is just as far left as fox is right. Don't you remember when Scott Brown won that senate race. My god, it was an embarassment. While Fox has spin, I have never seen them pull what Maddow and Olberman did that night.

CNN is definitely the most balanced. I don't see much slant there and they are who I watch primarily. I'm not too familiar with BBC as far as their political reporting.

6. SabanFan

Like most "people of ignorance" you place the commentators in the same bucket as the news people. Yes, Fox leans to the right but they also give straight forward news reporting. Shepard Smith, a liberal, is on 3 hours a day. Bret Baier is straight down the middle. Even that slime dog wuss ass uber liberal Alan Colmes gets a little air time, although if I was a liberal I'd want him to STFU. What a douche.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Give me one example. Just one.

8. SabanFan

They fired Dobbs for being conservative.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Dobbs was not a conservative. Not even close. He whole schtick was being a moderate.

10. SabanFan

I realize that, but when he started making anti-Barry policy noises, out the door he went.