How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by MLUTiger, Jun 11, 2011.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

most of us cant be bothered to read your article. did it say fox was biased? yeah? wow. incredible. good find. next find me an article that says fire is hot.

hasnt jon stewart said this 200 times every day of his career? hasnt every liberal white person with an IQ between 98 and 105 said this every day of their lives?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Then STFU about it. You can offer nothing germane to the question.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

martin does have a point.

4. red55

And it is right on the top of his head.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

yes, i do have a point. it is about the liberal obsession with fox news. jon stewart has basically built a career on the fact that people think they are smart for noticing that news is biased. it is as if every liberal white person around 20 to 40 is an infant and is elated they finally understand something really simple.

we freaking know it is biased! get over it!

"it is sad that the fake news is more accurate than fox news" referring to the daily show, said endlessly by people like lasalle.

thats isnt sad! people want biased news! there is nothing wrong with it! watch msnbc if you want.

a healthy democracy has many points of view, thats the deal. i dont understand why liberals are so freaked. i dont agree with fox or msnbc, but you dont see me going wild over it. i just dont watch them.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He's making better sense than you are. When Martin and Sabanfan start sounding like the voices of reason and sanity compared to you it might be time to look in the mirror. If you do there will be a far left nut job staring back at you. I guess trying to view the world through Obama's lower colon has clouded your vision.

7. red55

You didn't read the article either, so STFU. Like the rest of the Hitler Youth you'd rather insult me than debate me.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

tell us red, what did this amazing article say? that fox is right-leaning? that roger ailes wants to set the agenda for conservatives? ooh what groundbreaking info! boy i bet that reporter really dug deep for that.

i simply want to ask all these people that are so angry with fox, why are they watching it? and if they are not watching it, what do they care? do they want it off the air? do they similarly hate msnbc? why so concerned? its just a tv channel with some dorks on it that old people like sabanfan enjoy. let the poor bastard have his fun and stop worrying about it.

i actually did read most of the article, it was hard to see through my tears of boredom.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Liberals absolutely hate anyone who sees things diffrently than themselves. You hear them screaming for fox to be shut down. You hear them screaming about right wing radio also. You don't hear conservatives wanting to shut down msnbc, the ny times or newsweek. If someone speaks of anything that challenges their political views they cry like little babies. I guess that's why they are so supportive of the nanny state.

10. red55

It was about how Ailes envisioned and designed FOXnews to be a right-wing media outlet from the beginning. It was intended to drive the news instead of report the news. It documented his long track record of this.

Of course, every network has its biases. The traditional broadcast networks developed them slowly over the years and the newer ones like CNN developed them more rapidly. But FOX was the first to overtly and intentionally promote a political philosophy with news as a byproduct.

To quote:

This is an entirely new level of media bias. If you had actually read the article you would know this and not have to ask me.