how soon?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Nov 9, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I hope a reporter asks Les about the hammer and nail. I wanna hear his excuse this time.

Richdog likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

This years D is pretty weak. It started out that way and hasn't improved much...though I thought they acquitted themselves pretty well the first half. All the faults that have been pointed out are fair. However this is one year and for the last 3+ years all here have been praising the chief and calling him the one capable coach on the staff.
    I would say he has earned a chance to recover next year. To trash him after all he has been praised is pretty weak. Criticism is fine. I have been very critical of his use of 31 (his name shall not be uttered) but don't forget he coached Perry Riley, Kelvin Shepard Kevin Minter and others to the NFL. It is more likely he will recover and coach up several more stellar Ds.

cwatsn, cajdav1 and StaceyO like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This is what we have become. Get used to it

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The players did what they have done all year.

Our quarterback put up pretty gaudy numbers, but also made some unforgivably bad reads and throws.

Our offensive line play was inconsistent.

Our defensive line rarely won the battles, and when they did win, made a hit on the ball carrier at the line of scrimmage, for example, he still gained 3 yards.

Our linebackers, who were consistently put in bad position by the scheme, aren't strong enough to fight off blocks and can't tackle.

Our secondary can't cover anyone.

Our defense, as a whole, has poor fundamentals and plays with no strength, despite LSU having one of the best strength and position coaches in the business.

I saw Alabama miss one tackle tonight. One. We missed multiple tackles every drive. And when that kind of thing is happening week in and week out, its not just on the players, its on the coaches.

I am officially declaring myself "on the fence", at least where Chavis and the defensive staff are concerned. They have to begin justifying their continued presence at LSU, as far as I'm concerned.

gynojunkie and LaSalleAve like this.
  5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I don't disagree with anything you have said, and you basically made my argument -- the players didn't execute.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You know Cooper is up at USF right now.

That's who we need to get back.

7. LaSalleAve

Damn straight we need him back. Raymond may be a Tiger through and through but he ain't cutting the mustard.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I do agree with mctiger about how the fundamentals are sorely lacking on defense. If you're not phyically gifted, or maybe you're inexperienced and still making a mental mistake here and there, that's one thing. But to miss tackles is unforgivable and that goes on the coaching staff entirely.

Make them fuckers stay until midnight hitting a tackling dummy if you have to.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This is a perfect example of the team carrying the coach. It has been that way for a while now but none of you knuckleheads want to admit it.

Kal-El012 and Richdog like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

I'm still not seeing how missing tackles in today's game is on the coaches. If we are missing tackles then we are in position to make plays right? I mean do we honestly think that our guys aren't coached on how to tackle? A guy who has been in the SEC isn't coaching his players on how to tackle? Do we really think this?