How stupid can Willy Wonka be???

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerFan23, Aug 24, 2006.

1. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Just when you think Ray Nagin can't get any dumber, he goes and criticizes the WTC recovery to "be fair" with regards to the New Orleans recovery: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/24/60minutes/main1933092.shtml

I swear, the man is doing more to hurt New Orleans than he is to help it. He's spent more time traveling around the country making money for speeches than he has trying to bring the city back to life. At least I can say I didn't vote for him.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The people reelected him. I hope to god we don't reelect Blanco. I'm thinking I don't get at least half the people of Louisiana.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I guess I don't understand his point. Of course, he may very well not have one.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I just don't understand how NOLA couldn't find ONE suitable candidate to run against this clown...

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

But what's even funnier is that the people who reelected him don't even live in the city anymore. Irony at its best.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

What he said wasn't so bad. He just pointed out that New York still has a huge hole in the ground after five years. I think New Orleans gets a lot of undue criticism over the speed of the recovery. They have to completely reorganize an entire city and that takes alot of time.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

If taken in context, it was a childish retort given in response to a completely different question. He was redirecting the focus and blame onto someone else rather than addressing his own problems.

8. LSUsupaFan

How can it be taken in context? The remark was published, but we don't know which question was asked. This is just one sentence from an interview that has yet to be seen.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

This implies complete causation by the reporter pointing at cars in the street. I guess we'll see in two days.

I think it's stupid that you are giving him the benefit of the doubt, though.

10. LSUsupaFan

I retract all previos statments.