How was the parking for the game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I was out of town and missed the game. What was the traffic/parking/tailgating like? Any observations?

2. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

Didn't get to campus until about 4:00PM and got my usual parking spot. Had no trouble getting in or out, but it sure did look different near the Indian Mounds. People still tailgating, but there were no cars parked across the street on the grass, only on the street. Maybe the lack of difficulty in finding a parking spot and tailgating was due to the weather. We didn't tailgate this past weekend due to the weather but plan on it next weekend. Geaux Tigers!

3. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

Tailored gaiting

Money talks the loudest to chancelors. When the fans quit going to the games and the money stops coming in they will wake up and take notice. Lets pick a nice easy game to protest, like Alabama and nobody shows. Think Skip and the head ass hole will get the message?

My name is Walter D. Grotefend, I live at P.O. Box 6570 Gulf Shores Al 36547. Yes it is crowded in this box so don't visit, but I wasn't afraid to let this view be known in my name.

Stay home until they wake up.

4. Ellis Hugh

That's what I was afraid of. And the Chitadel will be the least populated game. And it was raining. The next 2 games will be much worse.

Tailgating is not what gives LSU a "bad" reputation as a party school. It's all that binge drinking and low drinking age (until recently).

Since I don't live in BR and can't get to campus early in the morning, I'm afraid that I'm done tailgating.:(

5. Ellis Hugh

Re: Tailored gaiting

:p LOL!

6. grote1947

crowded box

Okay, I won't visit.

7. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

I showed up around 3:00 and had no problem parking in the Law School Lot. In fact there were at least 10-15 other open spots in the same area!

My parents drove up from New Orleans around noon and had no problem getting a spot. Their friends were able to park and set up their usual tailgate spot with no problems.

I think you are blowing something out of proportion. It looks to me like you went us expecting a problem and made one yourself. So far you are the only person I have heard that had a real problem finding a spot.

8. Ellis Hugh

Another question - is this the same as "the Old Law School" on Highland across from the Parade Grounds?

9. grote1947

parking...tail gating

Forgiiiiive Meeeee!:p

10. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

The Law School lot is free, otherwise I wouldn't park there.

Yes it's the Law School on Highland across from the Parade Grounds, parking is in the back.