How Well Does CLM Develop His Players?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KyleK, Dec 6, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This seems like a good spot to note something. People claim that LSU should have done better with the talent that it has. Yet only THREE LSU players made an ALL-SEC team this year and only one first-teamer. ONE.

Conversely, LSU had four positions on the ALL-SEC Freshman team, more than any other school.

I think it is clear that LSU lacked upperclass talent this season due to high junior/sophomore losses to the NFL in several consecutive years. Those seniors and juniors that are not here would have made All-American and All-SEC lists if they had been here.

BUT . . . LSU clearly has young talent that just hasn't matured yet. And we're about to acquire some more. Have a little patience.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

First of all, I have never seen you answer a question yet. It's all some sort of smoke and mirrors bullshit.

AND

There you go with the anomaly again. Let me know when it happens again

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Where was Davon Godchaux on the list that I saw? Finished in the top ten on the team in tackles. Played in all 12 games, starting 9.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

at home, watching tape of saban and bama.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

And if the current trend of players leaving early continues, Miles is going to have to win with young teams. I think we were one average QB away from being a damn strong football team this year. The defense struggled early, but improved tremendously.

LSUDad and shane0911 like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sad thing is we had him all along

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Jury is still out on that IMO. The question is, will Miles ever let the jury view any evidence ?

8. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

well leslie is a good coach,no way he continues to play not to lose,but i guess if that is the best lsu can get so be it.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

sure won't be jennings,i guess zach is coming back?

shane0911 likes this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Those are all good points, and I have patience and reasonable expectations, but it sure is frustrating to watch Bama continue to be at the top year after year after year despite the same scenario of losing players early to the NFL. Why doesn't it hurt them as much? And, they often don't have world beaters at QB. And, they have done this despite changes in their OC and DC several times, and still not missed a beat. So, it can be done. Why, in 10 years, has LSU only had 2 seasons where a QB could actually manage games from seasons beginning to end? Despite all of our overall team success, and defensive success, why do we year after year, minus 2013, struggle on offense? CLM is frustrating to the core, amigo, when it comes to the offense, esp. QB/OL development. Whether you want to admit it or not, we just don't put it all together most years despite enormous talent because of our lack of offense development. That is what is so frustrating and disappointing.