How will anybody expect to score on us next year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, Jan 14, 2004.

1. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

Marquise Hill, Kyle Williams, Marcus Spears, Claude Wroten, Kirston Pittman, Cornell Stewart, Glen Dorsey, Marlon Favorite, Brandon Washington, Melvin Oliver, Sean Merrill...by far the DL in the country.

Lionel Turner, Cam Vaughn, Ken Hollis, EJ Kuale, and Brian West at LB...

Corey Webster, Travis Daniels, Mario Stevenson, Jesse Daniels, Laron Landry, Ronnie Prude, Keron Gordon, and Nick Childs at DB...

Scary...Absolutley scary.

The rest of the SEC better get the K-Y ready. They will need it.

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

yeah that is scary.....even with the loss of Lavalais we will have the best DL in the country, hands down!!

I expect our defense unit to be better than this years.....Now thats SCARY!!!

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Lets not let our expectations ru away with us now, remember we had the season of all seasons this year and plenty of big breaks, such as other teams missing on that dump pass over and over all season long. we also have to replace 2 LB's that while in-experienced had great seasons and the QB of our defense is gone. Let's give this new defense a little timetogether before we start annointing them as better than last season. I mean, we were the best in the country.

4. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Folks, let's not get caught up in the same trap that befell the Sooners. Before the season started, Stoops came out and said that this years team would be his best ever. Then as the season went on, the media and the fans began claiming that they were the best team of all time and so on and so on.
    We all know how all of that eventuallly turned out don't we? Yes it looks like we will have a great team next year. But just remember, "He who exalts himself shall be humbled" and "Pride goeth before a fall".

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

5. EyeofDTiger75

EyeofDTiger75 Founding Member

Remember, Lets take things One game at a time.

6. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

I don't know if I would compare the LSU program to the OU program or Coach Saban to Coach Stoops. However, I do believe that LSU's defense next season will be as good or even better than last season's NC defense. It certainly will be a much deeper one, as several very talented redshirt freshmen that were unavailable to play last season will be free, available, and ready to fully contribute this season, given us much greater depth in the event of injuries. Moreover, the five returning senior starters on the defense will all be striving to improve their stock for the NFL draft and last season's starting underclassmen will all be 1 year more experienced and stronger from the get go. I feel the main difference between last season's NC defense and this coming season's defense will be the ability to substitute players more freely and, hence, keep fresher players on the field at all times. So instead of our defensive line moving at half speed like we saw near the end of the fourth quarter in the Sugar Bowl, we will be able to keep fresh players in the game at all times for the full 60 minutes. Hell, just thinking about it gives me goose pimples!

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

It pains me to remind you, but the Gators had success with the dump pass over the middle for at least one TD :cry:

:geaux:

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Everyone keeps dwelling on the lineman getting tired in the NC game. I think that had a lot do with the fact that they hadn't played in a month more than anything else as well as the emotion and of playing in such a big game. But giving up rushing yards on one drive isn't all that bad. Damn, when we rushed so well against them to core our third TD was that because they were tired are we were just good on that drive.

Granted, being deeper is a very good thing but I don't know if these redshirts are going to perform up to the level of the guys we had in there, although I hope they do. And of course having more depth will protect us against injuries that we were lucky enough not to have this year. We hardly lost anytime at all till the Sugar on our D-line. Oliver went out for a few plays and Pittman sprained a knee or something.

9. edyel

edyel edyel

The bar has been raised to National Championship status at LSU. The coaches and players know it. OU "thought" they would win because of their 7 NC titles from the past. LSU was hungry and "wanted" it. There is nothing more dangerous than a hungry TIGER! LSU has the players,coaching,fanbase and hunger to win again. I see no reason why it cannot be done again.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Amen....

I'm really a believer in this after this year.........