How will anybody expect to score on us next year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, Jan 14, 2004.

1. RockyMtTiger

RockyMtTiger Founding Member

If the team needs any motivation, they can just focus on being undisputed national champions in 2004 (not that anyone here disputes this year's NC).
    [​IMG]

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

We should advocate the use of Boudreaux's Butt Paste here at Tigerforums;)

3. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

To answer your question BayouBomber...

No, Not many teams will...

4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

We'll have a lot of talent coming back. Hunt/Lavavlais/&Alexander's(speed) will be missed. They will be difficult but not imposssible to replace. We will miss Lavalais' heart, Hunt's brain & Alexander's courage. Maybe we need the wizard of OZ :), i.e. Saban to do his magic. I have confidence that our defense will be solid. I believe our QB situation actually could be better next year than this, but it is a BIG question mark. Our receiver's have talent, but remember how our 2002 receivers did against Va Tech. We could be vulnerable early. Practice Practice.

5. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I do believe that the lineman started to become tired in the 4th QT because we did rely on them for QB pressure more than in the past games. I hear it was hot in the dome and it affected those big men.

I agree that as long as the defensive players come together, they can write their own chapter next season.

I’m very confident (barring injuries or total flop) that one of the freshmen will start.

Randall will not see the field with the exception of the following: Warm ups, running onto the field to start the game, running off at half time, back on at the end of the half, and off at the end of the game. Actually that is what I pray for.

Any one of the QB’s but Randall. Hell start Early D. if you want! Put Randall at receiver or DB.

6. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

TurboTiger, I wasn't comparing the LSU-OU programs, although if you want to it's not a bad comparison. Both teams are loaded with talent and quality young men and led by talented and quality, classy head coaches.
    My point was that I would hope that we wouldn't get caught up in the same crass attitude that these people up here got into by their snooty-nosed, holier-than-thou preaching about the OU team being the "best ever to cleat up in the history of college football" and that "the only team that could beat them was in the NFL" and that sort of stuff.
    All I am saying is, yes we should have great team next year and yes, it is okay to have expectations. Just keep it on a level keel so if things don't work out, we won't be disappointed like they were.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

7. sos

sos Founding Member

Interceptions, fumbles, injuries, the fact that that "little" guy Lavalais is gone, the defense wearing out if the O can't get it done, and the players are human would be a start...

8. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

You're right about that! Amen! :D