How will LSU take advantage of a porous Auburn pass defense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 18, 2010.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Grumble, grumble...I 'spose you're right in that regard.

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

All this is gonna depend on who plays QB for LSU.

Auburn, as previously cited, is 108th in the NCAA and dead last in the SEC in pass defense. Oppurtunities will be there to burn them. Our receivers will get open at some point. But we need to have the quarterback in there who can take care of the football and deliver it to the wide open playmaker when needed. I think we all know which quarterback I speak of. Do Miles and Crowton? Judging from the comments in today's presser, I'm not feeling that they do.

I think we can run the football on them, but we can't just ground-pound these guys all game. We've got to be balanced, and hopefully will be in a position to wear them out with it and play keep-away in the 4th quarter.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you know we have only scored 40 points 1 time in the last 2 seasons. And that was against Tulane last year.

4. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Running the ball shortens the game, which benefits our D. We will need to put up some yards in the air to keep Auburn D honest. Even a bad run D can stop a running game with 9 in the box

5. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

No. No you're definitely not the only one. But for the present we have to scheme ways to scrap our way to an ugly difficult win with this talented bunch we have. The days of going in and dominating a team and punching them in the mouth and making them our bitch seem to be a memory. We have to take what we can get with the game planning and the personnel we have. Or rather with the personnel that will get playing time. I never expect to ever dominate any aspect of any game ever again, it's too much to ask for right now. Just to get a win however we can is all I ask.