How will Tiger fans react towards adversity?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by coppell_tiger, Jan 15, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

I don't see the adversity coming. Disappointments, yes they may come with a loss. Will this coach rest on his laurels and relax ... or allow his players to do so ... don't count on it. He'll probably work them even harder next year and motivate them even more.

HOW WILL LSU'S TALENT LEVEL DROP AFTER 4 SOLID YEARS OF COACHING & RECRUITING WITH NO LET UP ON THE HORIZON?

Hey, LSU has tough games ahead on the road in 2004, but they should be favored to win in every game next year THRU THE SEC CG. What if LSU drops a road game at FLA or GA? Or loses a SECCG?
    Disappointment and griping goes with the PASSION. It's included with the price of admission. Everyone ... knows it's part of College FB

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Re: How will Tiger fans react towards adversity?

THE ADVERSITY IS OVER!! LSU's period of adversity was from the last couple of years of Archer through Curley and into the DiNardo regime. In 4 years Nick Saban has done what we all knew was possible - Building the LSU football program that had declined under the cheapo coaching hires of Joe Dean into what it should be with the great talent base of Louisiana football. The Tigers won't win every game for the next 10 years but we are now at the level of a consistent top 5 program for as long as Saban sticks around. LSU will compete for National Championships with Oklahoma, Ohio State, Miami and USC every year the way that Florida State, Nebraska and Miami did in the 90's. LSU IS NOW THE DOMINANT FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE SEC!
    Eat your hearts out Bama, Florida, Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee fans. YOU ARE ALL NO BETTER THAN SECOND BEST!
    YOU ARE CHASING THE TAIL OF THE TIGER!!

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You guys gotta remember that repeating as NC is next to impossible. And we have to play Florida, Georgia and Auburn on the road.

Yes, the bar has been raised this year. But if we measure success by winning the NC every year, then we will be disappointed more times than not ... it just doesn't happen very often.

Being a consistent Top 5 program, competing for the SECC, and being in the hunt for the NC late in the year would be considered a success, IMO!

And for the offense ... yes, it can do better. But it was the type of offense we needed this year with this defense ... score enough points and let the defense do its job. Our defense may not always be this strong in the future, so our offense will have to pick up the slack.

I knew someone would complain that we didn't score enough points while winning the National Championship! ;)

4. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Obi-Wan and TigerWins are right on the money. I would hate to think that after the success we achieved this year that the bar woud be raised so high that we would become like these losers here in Ok.
    I returned here after the Sugar Bowl and have listened to these people whine and cry and criticize everything and everybody concerning OU football. They lose 2 games, albeit championship games, and all they can do is find fault with Jason White, the Heisman winner, the defense, which led the nation up until the Sugar Bowl and had the three top award winners, Bob Stoops, who led them to a NC just 2 yrs.ago and Chuck Long the OC who they considered a genius up until the Big XII and Sugar Bowl games.
    What was once a group of Olympian gods led by Zeus himself are now 2nd rate trash and need to be replaced by this years recruits. They lost sight of all the good things their team accomplished.
    If winning on this level regularly does that to you, I'd just as soon go there only every 45 yrs. and keep an appreciation for the hard work and effort put forth by these young men and their families.
    You can't win them all and you can't be a hardware carrying champion every year.
    As long as the Tigers go out and put forth the effort and play with pride, they don't need to have any crystal balls to be my champs!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux: