How would you feel if LSU played on a Thursday Night?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Sep 25, 2003.

1. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

I wouldn't hate a road thursday night game, but I would prefer it on Saturday. A home thursday night game would just not be possible. LSU would have to pretty much cancel classes thursday and friday and local businesses would have to give their workers off thursday and friday - and that doesn't even take into account all the fans that have to travel. It would just not be possible.

2. SaintTiger

SaintTiger Freshman

ESPN loves big games on Thursday nights, but most - not all - big football schools would never play on Thursday. It's the mid-level schools looking for recognetion, like Marshall and Fresno St. that jump at the opportunity. Tonight is an example. Southern Miss wouldn't get this recogention on a Saturday. And lately, neither has Nebraska. I wuold have a home Thursday night game, but I would be there just like it was a Saturday minus 8 hours vacation for the missed day of work.

3. SaintTiger

SaintTiger Freshman

meant to say "I would hate a home Thursday night game..."

Sorry

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Bad, very very BAD!

5. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

My freshman year ('73) LSU played Bama on national TV on Thanksgiving night, both teams going in undefeated, Bama going out undefeated. It didn't feel good at all.

I say a big NO to Thursday night football for LSU, home or away. If it ain't on campus, under the open sky and on Saturday, it ain't college football!

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The Tigers on Saturdat only. Except for Friday after Thanksgiving.

7. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

If we keep winning then the spotlight will be on us anyway, so why would we have to go to a Thurs game for recognition?