How Your Income Stacks Up

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Dec 29, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think you dont know what you are talking about and you are just retelling tales from bigotted neighbors and relatives. sounds like you just want to lump all situations under one policy that dissolves welfare. it is more humane and beneficial for the country to set policies that help people when $hit happens.

you come with such an inconsiderate point of view that life is follows some straight line. well, you plan ahead and everything is ok. one pretty obvious and common example is divorce. what then? stay at home mom with no experience and a high school degree should do what? perhaps you want to force her to give them up for adoption? or perhaps she should have never had them because she didnt have enough money to pay for them through age 18. or perhaps only people with college degrees should be allowed to have kids just in case. or maybe divorce should be illegal. or maybe the gov can mandate that family has to take care of the single mom and kids. or maybe just let em fend for themselves.

just be completely honest and say you dont give a $hit about the kids. you care more about getting HD TV or a new glock.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i already have a sweet tv, but a new glock would be cool, i guess. i certainly dont care about any stupid kids. neither does anyone.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Lets see here

Kids - check
    Divorce - check
    Ex wife still single with custody of said kids - check
    High school education - check
    college degree(ex) - no check
    job-check
    Govt assistance - not a dime
    Shane pay child support - betchurassIdo

Quick, look behind you. Yep that was my point that you missed. The word you are looking for is RESPONSIBILITY and its about dam time you lefties quick making up for those that you covet so dearly lack of it with the money from those of us that do the right things. It has nothing to do with divorced moms or people that fall on hard times.

for the record, the only gun I own is a Remington 870 wingmaster that I worked my a$$ off to buy when I was 14. Have no desire to own a gloc or any other handgun. My wife would shoot me with the dam thing.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I already have a Glock but my TV could use an upgrade. The damn kids should have been smart enough to be born to better parents

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

so how does an undereducated person with no experience pay for, say, $10k childcare (for 2, and thats cheap) and $15k living expenses (and thats cheap)? thats $25k cash. after heath insurance and payroll taxes (i'll assume no fed or state or local income tax) you are talking probably $45k the single parent needs to make if they are to live bare-bones and be responsible and save 15% for retirement. not a very likely salary for this person.

i want my government to help people in this situation. and the "responsibility" is yours as a member of this nation and society. or are you one of those ruby ridge fellas?

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Sorry dude just because someone is poor does not mean they are owed something by those who are not poor. It is that individual's responsibility to help themselves and make a better lot in life.

I am willing to help, and that is why I donate to charities and my church, but I am much more comfortable making the decisions on how my charity is doled out than I am with the government stealing what is mine and giving it to someone else.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i agree with this. but just because there is an individual responsibility does not mean that no one else has a responsibility. order of responsibility---self>family>society

i actually would consider supporting legislation that would force family to take care of destitute family members (particularly minors).

charities are not dependable.