Howard Dean: "Fox is racist"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

NPR is great for news, but terrible for opinion.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If i want news i usually watch the BBC, or read the Huffington Post, or Yahoo and Google news. I don't know if they are the best, i guess that depends on who is watching/reading. Not just pointing out SabanFan but i know he is a Fox News champion, well of course he is going to agree with them because they cater to his personality. Just like the Huffington Post does mine.

3. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I used to watch Fox News a good bit, I just don't like all the opinion based shows they have on there now. I compare it to how MTV no longer actually plays videos anymore, Fox News no longer just has the news anymore. It was a gradual shift, I remember believing them to be a great news source a long time ago, but that has soured over the Bush years. I think they were historically a little right of center.

But now they are full on right, not even close to center in a lot of cases.

I stopped watching Fox News all together around the time Glenn Beck started showing up. From the first time I saw him I thought he was crazy bumbling idiot. There is something not right with that dude, and things sort of changed for me with Fox, they just seem wrong on so many things now. That was around 2008.

Honestly there are hardly any trustworthy news sources now. I pretty much only read the AP and yahoo news now.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

no question. he creeps me out and i wouldnt want to be friends with him. he has some problems or something, doesnt seem well-adjusted or something. he cries and yells and says weird things and is really sarcastic when he is talking about really stupid things and making dumb points, and also kinda smarmy and sketchy. that guy is miserable.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He speaks highly of you.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

that is nice of him.

this reminds me:

new rule: any male that cries in public is an ass. particularly if he not crying for joy, which is borderline acceptable, like if you just won the world series or something.

so glenn back and tim tebow both suck.

1 person likes this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i just said this about beck in another thread but i was unsure of my assumption.

i guess that makes it official.

beck is miserable.

8. CarolinaTiger61

CarolinaTiger61 Recently Repatriated

You're right on one thing, I'm 25 and I don't watch much TV, nor do many of my friends. I get whatever I want from DVR, Hulu.com, and Netflix. But, when I do watch news at home, which is about the only thing I watch live on TV, the only news channel I watch is FoxNews. (And as an aside, even though I think FoxNews is great, it does irritate me that O'Reilly has moments of being a pompous tool and Hannity doesn't let his liberal guests get out a sentence before interrupting them and trying to shout them down.)

There is no such thing as unbiased news. Every channel, radio station, and website has its own slant, and it's up to the consumer to form their own opinion rather then being some squishy sponge who soaks up whatever information an anchor reports to them.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

In this context, that makes absolutely no sense.