how's the baseball team doing?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxbaseball, May 17, 2003.

1. geauxbaseball

geauxbaseball Freshman

don't get to see them except some of the time in the ws. how good are they? i'm from nys and became a fan of theirs(and only theirs) since, i believe, the first time they won the championship. i've loved them ever since.
    they are the best !!
    is their coach still skip bertman(sp?)?

2. geauxbaseball

geauxbaseball Freshman

just noticed the post that states lsu is sec champion. guess that goes a long way in answering that Q. feel free to answer more in depth though. thanks.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Welcome to the board and to the ranks of those of us who know LSU is the nation's premier college baseball program. Smoke Laval replaced Skip and. to me anyway, has earned his stripes. He coached this year's team to the SEC championship with a patchwork pitching staff including an underachieving (IMHO) bullpen. Of the current starters, only Bo Pettit remains from the preseason anticipated staff. When the Tigers are "on" they hit from 1 to 9 and it takes a great pitcher on his "A" game to shut them down. It remains to be seen how they'll hold up in post season. Win the 1st 2 in any tounament and were golden. I don't know if we have the pitching depth to claw our way out of the losers bracket. Anyway, I'll take this team over any of the 7, 10, or 12 (depending on the poll) teams ranked higher.