How's this for bias: "LSU escapes with 17-10 win over Georgia"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerWins, Sep 23, 2003.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I saw numerous positive articles...

about LSU's victory over the weekend. But until we win consistently for several years, you won't see the kind of respect you are searching for from the media.

2. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

I have come to terms with the fact that the media has no respect for LSU. So to hell with them and lets keep on winning the big games!!!!!!

3. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I'm sick of it as well. I guess if GA won, they would have posted articles about GA manhandling LSU. But, we barely escaped with a win.

I agree, keep winning and it doesn't matter what is written in any of these articles.

However, anyone who feels we escaped with a win . . . rewatch the game. LSU's D played excellent football keeping that great GA offense from dominating the game, like many pregame articles predicted GA would do.

4. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Why worry about what the media says about LSU? Because we don't get what we want from a certain sportswriter or broadcaster, does that make a win like the one vs. Georgia less satisfying? I guess it's like saying, "Gee, this jambalaya is great, but I wish they had put a little more Tony Chachere's in it." Enjoy what we are experiencing for what it is. I would much rather read what is being written about LSU at this point than what is being written about Bama, for example.

5. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

LSUfan's comments are insightful. Outstanding offensive play is seen as excellence of offensive execution. Outstanding defensive play is seen as poor offensive execution.

6. Hub

Hub Founding Member

We need to stop the begging for respect and more attention. There are 8 games left and a helluva lot can happen in that time.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Just Win, Just win! And Win big when your supposed to!