Huge Contract News from LSU reported in Miami

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by uscpuke, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Bottom, Bottom, Bottom LIne is we are better with him than without him. All is fair in love & war & this is WAR!. Whatever it takes, go after him like he stole something. Pay him $$, respect, gratitude, whatever...

2. WildcatMike

WildcatMike Founding Member

This is not war....war is in Iraq with the brave soldiers!!!

OK,
    We are better with him than without him. If that was the case, than the Hurricanes would have never won the NC without Butch Davis. UK would have never won without Pitino, etc, etc.

Guy, wake up, LSU was LSU WAY BEFORE NICK GOT THERE! Nick did not make LSU; it was LSU that made NICK. Do not let him take us hostage. If he feels that NFL is the way to go, than I applaud him for a job well done, but I feel LSU and the community should not bend over for the MAN! :dis:

Like Rick Pitino said, “I should have never left Camelot!” Well guess what Rick, we have Tubby and we are a hell a lot in better hands than with you at the helm! :thumb:

Be careful Tiger fans, I have the luxury going through this with Pitino and the possibility of Tubby going to the NBA in the past…LSU and UK will go on with success without out them at the helm.
    :wink:

3. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

The Story in the Herald is Garbage. We didn't offer Nick anywhere near the kind of money they are reporting. In Fact the only contract LSU has on the table to Nick is his current contract which pays him roughly 2.6 million dollars a year.

I got this off of two premium websites which I'm a member of not named the Tiger Liar.

4. friday

friday Founding Member

I also just heard from someone close to the LSU Athletic Dept. that there is no truth to this crap. It seems as though the Herald is now floating in that same pool of piss as the New York Times. Nick is apparently still on the fence.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

How could someone write that and not have some solid base for which he is coming up with that type of info?

6. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

The only thing is, we don't know how much money TAF or the University has to play with. They could be telling us one thing and in reality they have tons of money to play with. None of us know how much money they really have. If they offer it, they most likely feel they can afford it.

8. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Sorry in advance if this rubs some of you the wrong way, but someone on another site came up with a theory as to where all the extra $$$ to fund Nick's new, proposed $4 mil a year deal is gonna come from:

Billy Cannon, setting up shop in the Athletic Dept., churning out bills like it's 1983.

Tacky, yes, but I thought it was funny... :grin:

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think that was the name of a Prince Song.

"Gonna counterfeit like it's 1983".

It was a huge dance hit.