Hunter/Gatherer Diet

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Frogleg, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

It's pretty obvious to any intelligent person that the hunter/gatherer diet is best for man, as even archeologist digging up ancient bones know pretty quickly whether it was a hunter/gather people or an agricultural people. The hunters were always much more healthy (strong bones, healthy teeth, no cardio disease), while the agricultural peoples were riddled with disease. This is virtually without error, according to archeologist.

I can understand in times past that agri. diets had its place, in that it is a cheap, although unhealthy, way to sustain human beings. But for the US Gov. to continue this con with their laughable food pyramid, is criminal. I can only deduce that the big food corporations pumping out their cheap agricultural staples with its enormous profit plays a big part in this misinformation.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

You can just look at the number and configuration of teeth in our mouth and figure out that we are meant to eat everything we can get our hands on, and that definitely includes ripping the flesh from a young calf with our incisors.

For the life of me I will never understand the "enlightened" (rofl) vegans and their closeness to nature. Your choppers were designed to chop a steak!

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I always wondered what a vegan's view of a carnivore was. They are animals, that can't eat anything but animals. Does that make them evil?

I always laugh and say "IT'S CALLED A FOOD CHAIN!!" if a vegetarian tries to tell me something.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The essentials of the Paleolithic Diet are:

Eat none of the following:

· Grains- including bread, pasta, noodles

· Beans- including string beans, kidney beans, lentils, peanuts, snow-peas and peas

· Potatoes

· Dairy products

· Sugar

· Salt

Eat the following:

· Meat, chicken and fish

· Eggs

· Fruit

· Vegetables (especially root vegetables, but definitely not including potatoes or sweet potatoes)

· Nuts, eg. walnuts, brazil nuts, macadamia, almond. Do not eat peanuts (a bean) or cashews (a family of their own)

· Berries- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc.

Try to increase your intake of:

· Root vegetables- carrots, turnips, parsnips, rutabagas, Swedes

· Organ meats- liver and kidneys (I accept that many people find these unpalatable and won’t eat them)

Expect some minor tuning problems- don’t worry, you can deal with them:

· It will take some time for your body to adjust to the changes after all these years. There is a huge surge in your vitamin intake. There is a huge decrease in your toxin intake.

- according to Dr. Ben Balzer
    http://www.earth360.com/diet_paleodiet_balzer.html

Although I suspect that these health issues aren't entirely due to the diets. For instance, agriculture allows a population to stay in one area for long periods of time, which seems to me would mean less physical activity & more downtime (although it's still a highly active lifestyle compared to today's society) than would a hunter/gatherer society. It also means the ability to take in more food in general than a hunter/gatherer society.

Personally, I'm gonna go eat some Easy Mac and sit in front of my computer doing homework tonight. If that increases the chances of disease, heart attack etc, I'll take it. It's better than working my a$$ off picking berries & hunting all day.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A vegan wouldn't recognize a decent turd if one said hello to them on the street.

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Actually, i think a hunter/gather is about the same activity, if anything, less active. Have you ever worked on a farm? Your last sentence is a great illogical leap from nowhere.