Hurricane Season Baws

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUTiga, Jun 4, 2016.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Don't wait til there's one in the Gulf and the lines at Wal Mart are 10 deep and shelves are empty.

One of the things I keep around are these. Even random power outages during the winter and they come in handy.

[​IMG]

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So would a generator

3. LSUTiga

I have two. Both Honda. Dropped the earl in them yesterday. One 2000 and the other is a 6500, two cylinder that's water cooled. They're a pain in the ass though. Fueling up, getting more fuel, etc. I run them to keep two refrigerators and a freezer up but it's nice to have lighting that's not limited to an extension cord, etc.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

The new breed of LED flashlights are so much more efficient. I have tons of those flashlights and lamps as well as tons of batteries for them. My favorite lamp runs about 8 hours on 3 AA batteries, so yeah, I have a bunch of batteries.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They've gotten cheaper, too. First LED flashlight i bought was $50 at a Fry's Electronics in Houston. Bought one a few weeks ago at a Dollar Tree in Baton Rouge for $1.

6. LSUTiga

What yall got for food? I keep some frozen gumbo, raw boudin that can be boiled/cooked in relatively short time over heat since their is no air conditioning. Also keep some canned foods that I otherwise wouldn't eat. Ravioli, etc. I have three separate rows in outdoor kitchen pantry that are expiration by the year so I can rotate.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

After Gustav I lived on tuna, peanut butter and beer for 12 days until the power was restored. And daiquiris. French Quarter Daiquiri had power afer a couple of days but there was an 8 PM curfew. I spent the daytime hours drinking White Russian daquiris in air conditioned comfort.

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Boudin is fully cooked at the point of stuffing. Nothing raw about it. All one ever does is re-heat it. Unless you are talking about the skin being raw?

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im so disappointed in our resident coonass. next thing shane is prolly thinking its chitlins.

KyleK likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

I guess technically you're right though I don't consider the casings cooked. It's common to poach the links for 10 minutes. That's how I "reheat" mine but I've also eaten it off of a pit and it's pretty good like that too.