Hussein regimes ties to terrorism (kinda long)

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jetstorm, Nov 15, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You, of all people, demanding a source? Jetstorm has cited 2 sources which you denounce as not worthy. Yet you state as fact a statement...
    ..for which you provide no source.

Hang on while I search the National Enquirer archives. That's where you get your news.

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Mainstream reputable newssource? The Telegraph IS a mainstream reputable news source in the United Kingdom. Certainly not a "right wing" publication by any stretch of the imagination. Are you questioning the Telegraph's reputation as a news source? What evidence have you to assert they are not a reputable source of news?

In this day and age, the argument that something is not bona fide news unless it leads CNN or is on the front page of the New York Times no longer applies. Broaden your horizons, man. There's a whole lot of places out there to get information from. Don't limit yourself to that left-wing crapola.

This is a secret memo recovered from the files of Iraqi intelligence. True, it must be extensively studied for 100% authentication. But if it proves credible, and there is no reason to doubt that it will, this blows the lid off a possible Al-Qaida/Hussein connection and even sheds light on the WMD program in Iraq. And we haven't even begun grilling Hussein about all he knows yet. Who knows what will come to the forefront.

If Mohammed Atta was trained by Abu Nidal, that's the smoking gun right there. Nidal was given asylum by Hussein's govt. He did nothing that wasn't approved of and supported by the Hussein govt. There is even speculation that Hussein had Nidal killed to cover up his govt's. involvement with Atta and 9/11. Just speculation, of course, but it makes for a very interesting conspiracy theory. And not every conspiracy theory is wacko. Just leftist conspiracy theories.

As for OBL and Al-Qaida hating Hussein, well, psychotic hatred of America and Israel trumps all philosophical differences about religion and government in the Islamic world. There is an old Arab proverb, "My brother and I against my cousin. My cousin and I against a stranger."

Why is it so hard for you to accept that maybe, just maybe, Bush was right to take down the Hussein regime when he did, and maybe, just maybe, Saddam Hussein was complicit in conspiring with international terrorists to kill Americans and Israelis and harm American and Israeli interests? How many more secret Iraqi intelligence memos and connections between Iraq and terror groups have to surface before you think, "Hey, this can't all be coincidental or manufactured by the evil neo-cons?"

Or are you just such a partisan homer you do not accept anything that puts a positive light on the Bush Administration?

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You hit the nail on the head right there Jetstorm, my friend.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Cottonbowl66 is just pissed off because the Dems are having a
    real bad month.

They can't attack Bush on not getting Saddam anymore.

The Dems attack each other because thats the best they can
    do.

If nothing else, they will ensure George Bush's re-election.
    Plus, I think we might even have Bin Laden by then

Bill Clinton was elected twice and helped the Dems but he now
    has hurt the Democratic party more than he's ever helped them.

Clinton Doomed Al Gore or he would've been president.

Thats why he tried to say He was his own man.

When you make logical points against cottonbowls66,

The best he can do is what Dems do best.

name calling.............................................

Just go to the other post about Sadaam being captured and
    you'll see how he is.......................

5. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Democrats on board

link

6. JD

JD Founding Member

Bill Clinton was elected twice and helped the Dems but he now
    has hurt the Democratic party more than he's ever helped them.

Clinton Doomed Al Gore or he would've been president.

Thats why he tried to say He was his own man.

Actually, that was a political miscalculation on Gore's part not to use Clinton to help him. In 1988, Gore was a centrist (he was a moderate senator and ran a moderate campaign for president in 1988)- he has constantly drifted to the left since that time. I had a real hard time voting for him and will have a harder time voting for Dean if it comes to that. At the end of the 2000 campaign, Gore was spending 10xGDP - anyone had a problem, Gore promised money and the government's help - it was positively ridiculous.

Clinton has always been a centrist but never afraid to attack the extreme elements on the right, who masquerade as centrists (the house leadership during his term is exhibit A). And what these witchhunts did was unmask much of the right as extreme, showing they were much more interested in ousting someone who challenged them than in doing the nation's work.