Hypothetical, but serious question. Two scenarios, Miles leaves LSU or Saban leaves Bama...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Dec 15, 2012.

1. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

I think Alabama beats em.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Then there's Meyer not getting his mental/physical problems, not retiring and staying at UF. That leaves UGA facing a Meyer UF team and we've seen how that tends to go...

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Meyer was a bust without Tebow. He knew his ship was sailing after senior year. Thats why he set course for the SlowTen. Had nothing to do with Saban. But your attempt to make everything in the universe revolve around Saban is duely noted. Thanks and go Gump your sister.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Meyer is a good ball coach. He'd practically have the same roster Muschamp does today and would have had more offensive production. If you look at their calling card this year, the defense, you'll see all were recruited by Meyer, nine of the 11 starters signed by Meyer.

Hell furd, LSU did grab the W at home against UF in Meyer's last year by four and that was with a fake field goal and last second TD.

My comment, if you'll read it again, was UGA not being in the SECCG.

You're making it about Saban.

5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I was doing the "what if" scenario w/ just the no-Saban factor. You went several moves ahead in the timeline as compared to my one move. Obviously your playing chess while i'm playing checkers. Checkmate.

6. furduknfish

And then?

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I don't know about that. It's just if Meyer would have stayed at UF and if Saban would have stayed in Miami. How's that much different?

Did I mistakenly take the direction this thread has turned as a "what if" scenario?

When you mentioned what you did there were a few things that crossed my mind along with Meyer. Brian Kelly was a finalist for the Tennessee job and they went with Kiffin. If that would have happened we might be talking about an LSU vs UT game in ATL. It's a safe bet if that would have happened we wouldn't be talking about Notre Dame in the BCSNC.

Kevin Sumlin was a finalist at Auburn before they decided to go with Chizik. What would the SEC West look like now if that would have happened? Sumlin is a really interesting storyline in the "what if's" if you consider how that would have changed Auburn and A&M.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Only you can answer that.

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

You've already checkmated me....now you're just showing off. Seriously, though, I think i'll take your statements and some of your opinions a little more seriously now. You obviously have done your research and you appear to make statements and formulate opinions based on more than just bias. I'm impressed. The only "knock" on your resume appears to be that team in Alabama that you have an affinity for. Too bad....

10. furduknfish

And then?