Hypothetical: Les Miles to Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Texas was just an example....Is the risk worth it for LSU?

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Wow, you don't hold that job in very high regard. Please list for me 15 HC jobs in Div 1 that are better than the one at LSU. I have got to see this. Because in my opinion it is much much higher than what you think it is.

Richdog and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I think you missed the sarcasm in my post.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

You are right, it is one of the better in college football and some of the reason is because of Les.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I missed too much last night, I think I missed the bar stool twice last night. Thanks

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

LSU just might hire a coach that will be more successful than Miles but it is a huge gamble. How many college coaches have equaled CLM's success in the last nine years? You can count them on one hand. When Miles leaves, it will be a gamble. Until then, I'm enjoying 10 win seasons with a shot at all the marbles. It may or may not last when the next coach takes over.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

You might be counting on one hand, but you wouldn't be raising many fingers.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Nope. The OP was a hypothetical if Les went to Texas. If Les continues to miss the highest tier then it might be worth considering.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Saban and Miles definitely propelled LSU into the upper echelon of college football, before that we were a sleeping tiger whose potential had not been harnessed. LSU is a top ten program (storied program, fertile recruiting, no in-state competition, member of SEC). Florida/FSU/Miami, UGA/ga tech, Alabama/auburn, UT/A&M, USC/UCLA/Cal/Stanford, OK/OK St, MSU/Michigan all have in-state competition. LSU and OSU lord over their states. UTenn / Arky don't have the recruiting. Am I forgetting anyone? ND has Catholics tied up, I guess, but they're a shell of their former selves.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Right now, Les is the sure bet, name the other coaches that have hit the " Highest Tier?" I remember when nick was hired, "He couldn't beat Gerry D in a bowl game." "None of his asst. coaches want to come here and work with him." "LSU is gonna pay him how much?" "He lost to UAB." The list is endless, some seem to forget this