Hypothetical: Les Miles to Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 13, 2013.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

An how many coaches did LSU go through to get to this point? Yep one helped wake the Tiger, one has kept him moving. Not an easy thing to do. I can give you a list of schools that haven't even come close to what Les and LSU has done.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Saban wasn't a sure hire and he had his ups and downs, but he definitely harnessed LSUs potential. Les will have to have a few years of poor or non-contending status to have a hot seat. He has done well at LSU, there is no doubt about that. We are only two years removed from the best regular season in the history of college football (more impressive as it was accomplished without a qb). But it is clear that the stakes have been raised in the SEC. Consistent 10 win seasons is solid, but when other teams are stockpiling NCs, if you can't keep up you're second rate (unless LSU wants to secede from the SEC).

diamondheadtiger likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

What other teams are doing the stockpiling?

4. lsu-i-like

Bama, au, and UF, with lsu trending higher than UF currently (though you gotta include saban's Nc).

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Read my post I said we were in the top 10-15 NOT that there were 15 teams that were better jobs.

There are about 5 programs with classic and pretty much unchallenged mythical status. They are in no order the gumps, ND, USCw, tOSU, Texas, maybe Oklahoma and Michigan. LSU is in the next tier that moves up and down in order as their performance varies. Among them are LSU, Ga, Florida, FSU, Miami, Tennessee, Nebraska, Oregon, Washington, Penn State.
    That is an easy 15 there are others that an be added or debated. Right now I would say we are in the top 5-7 in national thought. They are MY #1.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

UF have you seen their record? How much longer is Will there for? Counting your chickens with barn? A team that Chief has had very little trouble with. Gus has avg 15 pts/game against LSU ( when Gus is HC or OC). LSU was up on them this year what like 21-0, then subbed a bunch. An this wasn't one of Chiefs better defenses.

7. lsu-i-like

In the Miles era, UF has two NCs, au has equaled miles nc output, with the potential to surpass w a win. And we all know about bumma.

Like I said, UF is trending down, but Meyer surpassed what miles accomplished as far as NCs.

If lsu wins their bowl and is in beast mode for recruiting then I feel good about our future. Losses in both is a bad sign for the future.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Everyone has been projecting a bad future for Les, in his time at LSU, it had been one of the more stable programs in college, every team in the SEC has been on a roller coaster. Enjoy the ride

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I'd consider Mark Dantonio from Mich. State. He's done pretty well with a program that is usually middle of the pack in the Big Ten.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

In the Superdome, waiting to see a future LSU QB.

Karr got beat 38-28

Richdog and lsu-i-like like this.