I am an LSU Football fan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HalloweenRun, Nov 27, 2010.

1. cletus42o

cletus42o Freshman

I don't think you're giving Arkansas enough credit when you say that we were embarrassed. We botched more than a couple of opportunities that could have changed the outcome, sure, but I think it's a stretch to say we were embarrassed.

I won't say anything about Crowton, but I think it's nuts to want Miles out! We did really well this season. 2 losses to highly-ranked opponents, both on the road, doesn't make for a disappointing season.

2. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

I guess it is more appropriate to say that we were out coached offensively and defensively. Personally I have been calling for crowton and stud to be fired now I am starting to think miles should be replaced.

3. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

I too love this team. I love them enough to HATE it when I see them get coached out of games, and become a "laughing stock" of college football.

I have seen too much "mocking" of our team of young men when they are just trying to implement stupid game planning by the big wigs getting paid in the booth.

Everyone has an opinion...I respect all of them...but some people just love to be in the staduim...and others want the best for their team. If anyone out there thinks Gary Crowton is the best for our team...please explain to me why I should feel the same way. I just dont see it.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I don't understand how some can call for miles to be replaced when we have another ten win season. You can't play for a nc every year. You can't expect to play for the sec championship every year. We lost two games to ranked teams on the road. We beat ala and fl this year plus two ranked ooc teams. There are weaknesses that need attention but miles runs a clean program and has lsu in the national spotlight every year. We have a young team. With miles we will continue to be a proud power house with good recruiting and a chance to win every game. Miles is a good coach. We don't know what we would get with someone else. Everyone has off years. We have won more games than fl, ala , Texas and many others. Look at Michigan and rich rod as an example. Notre dame has fallen off the planet. One USC is screwed by the NCAA and the other USC isn't far from it. Au will get as near the death penality as possible. Look at ga and tenn. Lsu is on top right now. We aren't #1 but we are better off than many and are relevent under miles. We aren't in any shizt with the NCAA. Ten win seasons and going to a bowl is good. With a new coach we very well be another Vanderbilt.Lsu is a power house with miles and we should count our blessings

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Ps. I agree completly that crowton must go but miles stays.

6. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

It's nice to see some perspective. 10-2 is a really good season, esp. in the SEC West. Can't wait to see who we face in what bowl! It'll be fun.

7. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

I'm with you there my friend. I like Miles...he just needs some good Assistant Coaches and we will be set for years to come. Crowton has run his course. I hope someone offers him a HC job...but that ain't happening so far to my knowledge.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Absolutely... I am for LSU, the tradition and all that goes with it. Football is huge and the SEC is the toughest in the country. Top 25 ranked teams make huge money and with that money comes big national exposure. So it's important to do well. Personally i'll cheer for LSU whether we're undefeated or winless but I would like to see the team continue enjoying success and see the team get that unstoppable swagger back, Miles is an old school gentleman that will not go for the jugular he'll get a lead and then coast. And Chavis only seems to bring a lights out look when he absolutely has to. But i'll still be cheering come bowl time regardless of outcome.

9. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

This exactly. My best friend's husband is a Tennessee fan and actually had the gumption to say "Les Miles is a joke. LSU's luck just ran out last night." I'm sorry, but we're 10-2... Where is Tennessee right now?! Oh yeah, just barely bowl eligible! I'll take Les Miles any day. We could be in their situation, firing our HC, hiring a new one, only to have him leave a year later, and then have to hire ANOTHER one.

10. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Nicely stated! A young team, learning on the road, hamstrung by being required to run a totally predictable offense 96.75% of the time! I saw mistakes--but they are young (college) players--but I saw no laziness! Mostly everywhere I looked this year, I saw guys finishing their routes, swarming each tackle in 'fumble awareness,' RB's churning their legs, spinning, stretching for another inch--all year long I saw it, and was proud!

We have a national presence, we are NOT a laughing stock! I walk thru many airports (last two in Maui and Phoenix) in my LSU purple, and I am greeted with "Geaux Tigers" by total strangers who KNOW that LSU stands for something more than a logo on a college jacket.

Not to detract from the hard work and dedication of JJ & JL this year, but LSU put up a 10-2 record in the SEC--the SEC!!!) without the likes of a Newton, Tebow, Mallett, etc.! Imagine our O-line being UNPREDICTABLE, having both screen, short- and long pass options.

And yeah--those purple/gold/white uniforms ROCK. I am always thrilled. And unlike some teams, we don't wear any Tiger 'Feathers' on our shoulders. LOL.

GEAUX TIGERS 2010-2011 !