I am an LSU Football fan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HalloweenRun, Nov 27, 2010.

1. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Yes, yes.
    But again we could have good development, good performance and good consistancy and still be 7-5.
    Obvisouly we "out-performed" 10 teams during the season.
    As far as development I believe our freshman DBs have and will develop.
    The only players that has failed to develop is the QBs (which is the most crucial position albeit two players).
    Consistancy has been an issue I agree but the defense has played with consitancy most of the season.
    The offense has been a mess and I blame Miles, but blame GC more.
    Miles stays
    GC leaves
    We cannot have filet mignot every meal of every day.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

There are a lot of ways to be critical of how the team played without always jumping to firing Miles. There are many things that Miles can do to improve on the team and the players, and he will. He has shown that he makes the correct decisions over and over again. For those that continue to call for his head after a 10-2 season, handicapped by no real QB and an OC that continues to hold this team back, is rediculous.

We can all complain about GC all we won't, and know that the root of the problems live and die with that position, but it isn't as easy as just going up to him and Miles saying you are fired. If it was, more schools would do it that quickly. There is a reason most wait until after the season, and even then it is still a process. Based on Miles past though, he will probably lobby for GC to take over some HC job that has opened, there are plenty out there.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly, its no secret I was well out in front of the miles needs to go crowd earlier in the season but it is pretty tough to argue with 10-2. Did we under/over achieve? Hell we may never really know but I can tell you from the 2nd half of the NC game to start of the Florida game I'd have bet my house that we never make it to 10 wins. I'll say it, Miles has earned his keep for now. I'm still iffy but lets leave the firing to winning coaches to the cornshuckers for now. Crowton still needs to be stripped naked, covered in caro syrup and left bound over a fire ant hill but that probably won't happen. At least we can hope he moves to Lafayette.:geaux:

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I am an LSU fan...

...who ran out of Kool-Aid in the fourth quarter. Anybody have some more they can spare? :grin:

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Hit a nerve there, eh?

Have been a fan since the late 50's. No I don't like loosing, but that is different from being a fan. Of course, one wants the team to do great, but to "change horses" cause you are not 10 - 0 is , IMHO, pretty despicable. But in the end, each to his own.

Boise State has a good, consistent record, maybe you would be more comfortable cheering that crowd on. Don't let the door.....

hwr

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The younger fans would dump this team in a hurry if they suffered through the 80s and 90s like we did. The older guys like us have watched LSU suck balls and we've been to the mountaintop. We're still here. And we're not going anywhere.

That said, the offense looks mighty disorganized.

7. SabanFan

The record does matter. It's the bottom line.

You and others say we should have been much better. The reality is that we overachieved given the schedule, our youth and the lack of a QB. We should have lost to a decimated UNC team in the 1st game. Didn't that tell you anything? Tennessee should have beaten us. We got lucky and won in spite of ourselves. Ole Miss had us by the balls but they suck worse. In the end, though, we are 10 and 2 and going to play on New Years day. UNC, Tennessee and Ole Miss are playing in toilet bowls or not at all.

No, my friend. The record is, everything.

8. SabanFan

Sorry dude. I must keep confusing you with someone else. Pass my post on the the guilty parties.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Wasn't he a basketball player? I'm pretty sure he was. The big DE Leonard Mitchell went to Houston if I'm not mistaken.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

OK, Leonard Mitchell = LSU basketball player on the 1981 Final Four team.

Leonard Marshall = LSU Defensive tackle on the 1982 team and later won two Super Bowl rings with the Giants.