I am close to ending my love affair with LSU football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 27, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm pretty sure Les knew what he was getting himself into when he singed the 4 million dollar contract.

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Some people complained about the previous coach and the one before him and all of the ones before him. Nothing new.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I love LSU football because Dad named me before he ever had a son, after an LSU player of course. And I love it for Tiger stadium and the feeling of walking up to the stadium before a game and so many memories. It'll never be out of my blood.

In every relationship there is good and bad. I've always thought a segment of LSU fans consided the process of coach turnover part of the fun. Kind of like guys that spend their whole life in a series of 3 to 5 year relationships. There's always someone more desirable. No matter what her good qualities, one day the lady knocks over the glass of wine one too many times - she's stupid and has to go. Of course the flip side of that is the ladies know it's a short term relationship also. They may suddenly leave in the middle of the night for the rich dude in Miami. Who can blame them?

Don't let it get to you. It's like any other cycle, it will change. Enjoy the good ignore the bad, as much as you can.

2 people like this.
  4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

It has little to do with Les and the core issue of being a fan. It has become a sad mess in Baton Rouge and yes we have lost our way. Kids are playing a game and doing the best they can. We don't have fun with them we have fun when they play the way we want them to play. Winning is not the key in Baton Rouge but doing it the right way. The team is not the important thing but it like everything else has become a me thing.

Les is a great guy and does a great job with the team.

I have already lost interest and moving away from the level of time I spend in the football world.

just saying which means nothing to 99% of you guys!

the smart guys that really know what Les should be doing and how the team should be playing will still fill the threads with the expert knowledge that is needed to keep all in real football knowledge

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I fixed it for you...

6. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

When boosters run your program your in a whole lot of frap. This guy bailed on a Team that is 7 & 1? That should tell you something about him. If this was 1776 he would become a Tory. Anything worth having takes hard work. Right now the Tigers are one player away. Cam Newton on LSU and Vegas would be setting the odds high for LSU to win it all. There are over a 100 teams in division 1 and only one gets a crystal each year. Getting one is a major accomplishment. LSU has had two in the last seven years. Let this so called booster go. He is no more important than a fan that buys only one ticket to one game.

!twocrystals!
    If he pulls for anyone but Florida he is taking a step or two back, they are the only other team that has two crystals. If he tried to make demands there they would show him the door.

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Well you could always pull for other SEC teams since our fans are so deplorable. Let's see, there's Bama, where there's some grumbling getting started over their defending NC-winning coach who has lost one whole game in the last two years. There's Florida, who's lost as many games in the last two years as LSU has in each of those seasons, who's 2 years removed from an NC and breathing fire at their HC.

I'll never understand this idea that there's some perfect fan base out there that agrees 100% with every move a coaching staff makes, who sits there quietly like good little choir boys rain or shine. You have extremists and idiots on both sides, it comes with the territory. I believe in giving Miles credit where he succeeds and blame where he doesn't. That's adult responsibility and real life, and Les gets paid exceptionally good money to ensure that the good far outweighs the bad. He's not a child who gives a wrong answer in class, and fans aren't the teacher who says "Awww, that's OK Les, you did your best. Here's a gold star for trying. Better luck next time!" Fans are paying more today for their TS and LSU experience than they ever have, and rightly or wrongly, want to see a commensurate return on their investment, as is the case with any employer and employee. When the money is bigger, so are the expectations. It's human nature and it's part of being a fan, love it or leave it.

8. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

I don't believe that. Les loves his team! That's what fans don't get! At any level it is about the team, and fans are not a part of the team. Saban came back to college because he likes coaching young men. Les has a desire to win and he can do a lot in Baton Rouge. Les is not going anywhere.

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

he came back because he failed at the highest level.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

that and the $$$$$$$

as far as the original post.......

whatever. bye.