I am close to ending my love affair with LSU football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

No! he wasn't happy about it either in 2007 with his "have a nice day" conference. Les is old school it will always be about the players, not the coaches for him.
    The "they" comment was about the rankings, not the fans.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

There's something in every post in this thread that I agree with...except for the posts by the OP.

Pay better attention. Les wasn't talking about the fans in EITHER of the quotes you provided. He was talking about the rankings and the media.

As you said, "Dont let the door hit you on the way out".

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

You can quote that misquote all you want, but that's an absolute misquote. I have the game DVRd, and watched it 3 times while I was home last week. I also watched it live from here in Chicago. Every time I watched it, the question he was asked had nothing to do with fans. It had to do with rankings/media. The question was asked by the chick (Holly Rowe, maybe??) as Les was leaving the field after the UF game. Not in a "post game press conference". So that misquote is wrong on multiple levels. Please, no more NY Times regarding SEC football...thanks.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

First off, he shouldn't have said that about the media/polls. Second, I have no context to view to assure me of what in the hell he was talking about when he said he shouldn't have said whatever he said about whatever he said it about.

The easiest thing to do would be to rewatch the end of the game (trust me, you'll like that part), and then keep watching until the chick stops him on his way off the field and sticks a mic in his face.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Maybe, but he loves his family more. Imagine the toll this is taking on them, especially his kids, who have to hear what the negatigers are saying about him. They may even be (but hopefully not) picked on at school. He may have thick skin and hopefully that trait is passed down to his kids, but the second it starts affecting them, I think he's gone. He's got his NC and made enough money to be set for life, so why let his kids possibly endure what's being said about him? He doesn't want to walk away, but he would for his family.

1 person likes this.
  6. Celtic Tiger

Then he would have to leave coaching because it comes with the territory.
    He said his wife was a college coach so she knows that this is all apart of it. Coaching is what he does.

7. Celtic Tiger

Dude that is another quote altogether. The other comment was about rankings.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I'm not sure what the fan temperature in BR is, although I'm sure it is a little on edge, but if one is to base their love of LSU on what others think about the coaches and team I'd say, why? None of those factor into anything for me. For me it has always been, and it will always be.As to the level of fan discontent, the only means I have for measuring it are the couple of boards I visit and the media. To my surprise all were waaaay more rational after the AU loss than I anticipated. Although there have been the sky is falling group, that groups numbers seem to be much smaller than I thought they would be. Never give up!!!!! The same heart beat of the Tigers runs through all Tiger fans.

On a side note. To those on here and to those fans who have made the comment that they are embarrassed by this coaching staff and the team they see, you have no idea what embarrassing is. As a fan for over 40 yrs I've seen embarrassing, I've witnessed teams that stink the joint up. This is not one of those times. For all of Mile quirks and all of the coaching shortcomings he and they still put a quality competitive team on the field.

9. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

need another category for people like this...worst than the so called "negatigers" IMO

10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Dude ... every team has its drama.

I live in AR, and am a Hog Fan when I'm not an LSU fan. It's kinda funny, ... the parallel of the conversations ... Mallet sucks ... put in Wilson ... what the heck is wrong with Patrino ... why in the heck is Brodrick Green even on the field. ... Patrino is headed to Dallas to coach the Cowboys ... etc etc etc.

As I see it .... it's "Any Given Saturday".

There's a 120 teams in college football. We've won the NC twice in the last ten years. That's something to celebrate. This year is likely Cam Newton's year! Sure, with better execution, and less injuries to Lee and JJ, we might have won that game ... but we didn't. AR should have beat Bama .. but they didn't. AR had as good a chance to beat AU as we did ... but they didn't.

Me Personally, I luve College Football. And I Luve LSU. I don't even watch Pro Football, except last year when the Saints won the SB. [and in predicted fashion .. hell froze over and snowed the next day!]
    :geaux: