I am close to ending my love affair with LSU football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 27, 2010.

1. bigpop713

bigpop713 Freshman

Don't let the door hit ya. Miles gotta go and thats all I have to say about that

2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

So .. it was miles fault that RR didn't make the play? It was Miles fault that JJ threw the ball too high?? It was Miles fault that the offensive line crumbled?? It was miles fault that the Defense missed a lot of tackles, and messed up on coverage??

I mean, Newton's 49 yard TD run was purely the fault of execution. McCalleb's 70 yard run was purely the result of bad execution.

I don't see how you blame Miles for individual mistakes on the players part. I don't care who the coach is .. when players don't do their jobs, you lose. Just ask Nick Saban of Bama regarding the SC game.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Player execution may not be immediately Miles' fault... but, when LSU puts the same kind of product on the field 3 strait seasons after a NC, with top 5 recruiting classes on the shelf every year... then there's issues somewhere... mainly in assistants, like the OC and his assistants. When the offensive side of the ball gets progressively worse for 3 straight seasons since a NC... then imo it's blatantly obvious you replace the OC and surrounding support. Our QB development is horrendous, 3 years and neither have stepped up to even a 3rd string level player... this is the fault of a lazy OC or a comfortable in his 4mil yearly contract HC who only has to win 8 games to keep coming back. I don't think axing Miles is the answer, but if we're going to compete then we get rid of crowrton and if things still haven't gotten better than we find someone else to run the ship after '12.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

So while LSU was undefeated you're the biggest LSU fan on the planet spewing almost unreadable jibberish praising love to LSU and wanting to have Miles' child, then after the auburn let down your butt hurts cuz you're friends said "told ya so", and now you want off the bandwagon? LOL, and here you were running your mouth about negatigers. See ya... maybe they'll slow the wagon enough for ya to leap off.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Won't deny that, but who do you take the gamble on to replace him, there in lies the BIG question that noone can think of an answer to.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

eh, maybe, maybe not. we won against tennessee. we lost against Ole Miss, wouldn't have mattered anyway in hindsight. the loss to tennessee in 05, well we made the SECCG that year, and got drummed, so that loss really didnt mean anything. would have been nice to win against penn st. and auburn this year.

maybe LSU fans think the grass is greener somewhere else because we don't follow other teams. if we followed other teams the way we follow LSU, i bet a million bucks there would be a bunch of WTF moments. Lets say just for ****s and giggles that we drive down and score at the end of that game, and we go for 2 and get it and win. Do you think Auburn fans would be talking about how stupid Les is, or how stupid Gene Chizik is for not punting the ball, or trying for a field goal at the end, instead of that stupid 4th down pass play?

Hell, i have seen Sean Payton, Bill Walsh, Mike Shannahan, Bill Cowher, and yes even everyone on here's wet dream John Gruden do some really stupid ****. Who cares, we are competitive, we rarely get blown out, matter of fact i can only remember 1 time and it was against the eventual national champs at their house, and we were in that game until mid 3rd.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

So in other words, because every team has their WTF moments... we should be happy with 8-4 or 9-3 seasons, since their winning seasons? BS... I am fully aware we can not win championships every season, but we should still be aiming for them... and the way this team plays in terms of offensive production: player execution, penalties and turnovers... 9-3 will be the mantra for the next 4-5 years.

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I don't even have a problem with the expectations. If you expect to win every game, that's fine. But at least make your criticisms valid.

Half of the complaints I see about the coaching staff are either wrong or just irrelevant. If we're talking about locoguano's posts, the wrong/irrelevant percentage goes up to 100%.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Dude, stay on topic. You are now quoting from a completely different conversation, and a completely different time and set of circumstances. I'm not saying Miles doesn't FEEL the way the NYT article stated, just stating the fact that it's misquoted. The "Well, they didn't like us much at 5-0" statement was NOT part of a post game "press conference", and was not regarding "fans". That's all I'm saying. It was a post game on the field interview, one on one, with ESPN chick Holly Rowe, and it was regarding the pollsters/media.
    -
    Are you a politician? :D

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i thought he was talking about the media, not the fans. at least that is what i was telling myself.