I am close to ending my love affair with LSU football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 27, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

How Miles leaves will be a huge determining factor oh what caliber coach we can get to replace him. At this point and time, as much as some are disgruntled about things Miles does, I am not willing to gamble on anything before finding out if replacing Crowton will fix our issues first.

Miles replaces GC and things get fixed, great we move on and find something else to talk about. GC gets replaced and some of the same stuff continues to hold these talented players back, then we talk about replacing Miles.

1 person likes this.
  2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

To be honest with you I really don't try to think of who would be best for our program. If I were to choose it would be someone who is known as an offensive genius that is currently a HC somewhere. Unfortunately it will be highly unlikely to get that person as an OC.

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Miles mentioned that LSU has been working hard on correcting errors during practice and said the next game should be lots of fun. Miles said losing to Auburn took away that special feeling of being undefeated.
    Most of the callers had great things to say about Coach Miles and there were no negative callers for the first time in a while.

Dandy said callers had great things to say about Coach Miles!! Cool

maybe I am hanging with the wrong folks

:miles::miles::thumb::thumb:

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I'm not sure if you are that naive or really believe that, but you do realize that most radio show callers are pretty well screened so that they don't usually get any negative comments or embarrassing questions, right? Anyway, I'm glad your enjoyment of LSU football, or Les Miles in particular, are back on track! Somehow I was pretty sure you weren't going anywhere. :) :geaux:

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

That's funny **** right there.:D

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Exactly, well said - that way your not taking a chance of throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Try not to fall off the deep end EVERY post, this one was a simple one...yes or no would suffice.

1 person likes this.
  8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Here's the thing, You cant give up on LSU based on what fans or a fan says. LSu is larger than any coach or one booster. Its a way of life.

It's in your blood.

Everyone here knows I dont think Miles is a good coach. BUT what would be worse? A really bad coach with a losing record. OUCH! now would that make me give up on LSU.... HELL NO!

Nothing can ever make me give up on LSU. It's not something you can help or consider. its like breathing.

being an LSU fan would mean sitting in Tiger stadium in the pouring rain regardless of the record ( see curley hallman era ) just because you had tickets finally and wouldnt dare sell them. in the nose bleed section

It means that if EVERY other fan in the world gave up you'd sit up there rain or shine.

Being an LSU fan would mean sitting in your truck in the yard and yes moving it around ( better reception ) to try to catch WWL AM ( way up here in INDY ) when they arent on TV.

Being an LSU fan means you wear your purple and gold right into the Ole Miss campus when you are just there to pick up some books for a friends daughter who goes there. ( I used to live 20 minutes from Oxford )

Being an LSU fan isnt really a choice, its a heritage, its in your blood, you cant imagine not being a fan. Your family had re unions around LSU football. It was ALWAYS discussed when you ate supper with family at night. You got calls from your in laws when they lost to rub it in cause they know how bad you took it. You wore a black arm band to school when LSU lost. etc. etc.

its part of what you do and who you are.

It has nothing to do with the coach or the other fans.

so in this moment of doubt, I implore you to re examine what you truly love.

Do you really care what I think about Miles? DO you? I didnt think Smoke was any good either. BUT I watched and pulled for the Tigers 125%

I dont CARE who coaches the Tigers I love them and God help me if that sends me to hell then I guess I'm on my way.

1 person likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

STOP! ENOUGH!

A. I stopped reading after the 2nd page so anything that is mute is not my fault and the only reason this was 1 and/or even included at all so the 1 is actually mute itself.

1. If you are taking ANYTHING FROM THE NY TIMES as valid journalism that is 99.9% of the problem right off the top. If you believe anything out of that rag then you probably voted for ________ oh what the hell does it matter. It's like arguing with a fence post anyway.

1a. If you for a nanosecond (thats really fast for some of you University of Slow Learners graduates) think you can figure out who, what, where, when, or why Les Miles is talking to, who, or about in ANY of his interviews at ANY point in his life then you are nuttier than squirrel shyt.

2. The QB situation. Someone mentioned that we were 1 Cam Newton away. Bull****, we are more like a 1/2 of cam away. He doesn't have to be a superstar, not even close. In fact, I think we are almost there. The problem is we are as close as we are going to get with the current batch. It's a shame to let so much talent go to waste. ( I'll let you nut huggers figure that one out)

3. As for CLM, he is what he is. Like him, love him, hate him or wish him ... he is ours and your guess is as good as that magic 8 ball you buy at Spencers and ask it a question while you shake it about. I know if I was the AD he would have had his pink slip a LONG time ago.

4. Bottom line, I will continue to support the school and the football team regardless of what happens. I live in Oklahoma City where LSU fans are well, lets just say I've had my license plate on the front of my truck broken off a few times. I've been called everything BUT my name by still angry sooner fans from '03. Okie St fans laugh everyday because we now have Miles and yet I just put a new plate on, or ask the okie st fans how many NC's their school has? I loved LSU under Coach Mac and I've loved them through every coach since then and that will never change. My personal opinion is we can, deserve, should, and will do better.

Good night now.

2 people like this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

There it is. Good post bro.

1 person likes this.