I am going to the game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Dec 29, 2013.

1. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Hello from Colorado. Long time no post. I go to 2 games a year, and this will be my second.

I also picked up a ticket to see Big Baby play on New Year's Eve, (FYI he is starting for the Magic now).

I am excited about this game. I think it is great to be able to see AJ and I look forward to beating the hawks down, revenge style. They are getting too much respect. They were 5-4, and finished with wins against a terrible Purdue, a downward diving Michigan, and Nebraska (who beat them in the stats but just kept on turning the ball over and making really bad mistakes). I am not impressed.

This is an important game for LSU. We will make a statement on the field, gain some momentum for the program, and then enjoy a handful of five star recruits joining us the next day!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Have a great trip, wish I was going too.

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Yes, this is all true.... I would say this year's version of the Hawks is a work in progress. We improved a little each week as the season wore on, but this team does not have the "mojo" that the 2004 team had.... nor the star power. In spite of that, KF plays a style that keeps us in most games. Both Michigan State and Wisconsin were able wear us down in the second half and this is my biggest fear.

It's okay to not be impressed with the way we finished. I watched your Arkansas game.

4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

LOL.

Hawker, how many Les Miles press conferences have you seen? If so, what were your thoughts?

And another question, considering what you know about Les Miles, do you think the fanbase would like to have someone like him as a coach?

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

One Les Miles press conference is one too many.... but he does make them interesting....

As far as having him as a coach, my quick response would be no. I'm not sure his philosophy is that much different from what KF does now at Iowa. I also don't think Les would get significantly better recruits if he changed locations. LSU has a much stronger "state base" of good players. If the game is "who would you hire if your only goal was to win a national championship in three years", I'd probably whore myself out and get a Petrino-type guy and see which comes quicker.... a national championship or three year probation!!!!