I am not sure why so many are worried about recruiting.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Jan 25, 2005.

1. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

LSU will not end up this year with a Top 10 class, IMO. It will be a Top 25 class but not one of our best years. So what?

We have as much talent as anyone in the SEC. I was browsing the Florida Insiders board and it seems they even agree on that notion. Our past recruiting years are now kicking in and we do have a very good coach with some of the best facilities in the country.

We have as much speed as anyone in the SEC. Florida could be better but that is about it. Tennessee lacks a lot of speed in the secondary and UGA losses their best 2 WR's. Auburn losses their 3 best overall players...

One average recruiting season is not going to bring down our program.

Anyone know where Auburn finished last year in recruiting according to Scout.com? #27. Florida State finished #21 in 2003....the list goes on....

When Miles has a full off-season to deal with the state of Louisiana and the South.....we will have another great recruiter heading our team.

2. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

I totally agree with u. Many people are getting worked up about not being able to pull in some of the top prospects for one year. IMO i do not think this year will hurt us with the amount of talent that we already have on the team.

:geauxtigs

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

florida = not faster

4. MarineTiger

Florida is loaded with speed my friend.

5. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

I am worried because Miles has yet to get a commit from a single player! Powe does not count because he can not come to LSU anyway.

6. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Florida's defense is soft, they have a bunch of pass rushers in the middle, and they'll hurt even more without Channing Crowder. Teams are gonna run all over them this year, but yeah, their receivers are burners.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I fully agree with Marine Tiger. Miles came in at the worst possible time in the recruiting season. From all accounts I've read he's an excellent recruiter and appears to be busting his butt trying to put the finishing touches on this years class. Sure, we've probably lost some top notch recruits during the coaching transition but I'm impressed with Miles efforts to salvage a darn good class.

8. MarineTiger

I don't believe UF's front 4 are soft as some thing heading into next year. To me it seems that after the UGA game when it appeared that Charlie Strong took the reins from Zook and the UF defense blitzed a LOT MORE....the front 4 got a lot stronger and took away Florida State's run D and for the most part did a good job with Miami

9. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Dont worry about Miles recruiting. He is an awesome recruiter. You all will see that next year.

10. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I'll tell you why I'm concerned about recruiting. Because there is a direct correlation between consistent top 10 recruiting classes and perennial top 10 programs. It's simple...you've got to have the horses to run the race. And the better the stock, the better the stable. As medtiger put it Miles hasn't had one commitmet other than Powe, who'll likely never step foot on campus, and they've lost three and others have omitted the Tigers from consideration. Now that being said, I'm not ready to jump off the nearest bridge because I do hope and believe that this coming weekend and on signing day Miles will get pledges from some top recruits.